Which path is better - Jedi or Sith?

The Jedi use their power for good, whereas the Sith use their power for domination. Which is better - Jedi or Sith philosophy, why?
Which path is better - Jedi or Sith?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Both are wrong, which is what Luke learned later on. The right way is somewhere in the middle as a grey Jedi. Out of the two Jedis are obviously better.

2|6
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Neither, the bendu chose the best path and I think it's a wise one

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 40

• The sith philosophy doesn't necessarily force people to be evil, it just emphasizes freedom and trying to attain personal power, which often leads to the dark side, and subsequently evil. If I could use the light side of the force and follow the sith philosophy I think I'd do that.

1|1
    0|0
  • I prefer Sith because it's a about my using your abilties to the fullest and choosing whatever path you want. You don't necessarily have to be evil to be a sith but most are force to kill and fight to survive.

1|2
    0|0
  • @Fitness-Fanatic

I intentionally ignored you before but you're questions are so intriguing, same thoughts I have had for years. So now I'm interested.

Humans with knowledge/power/money unchecked abuse it. History since the start shows this adequately. So most with the slightest of edge in anything in the real world are Sith.

However, that's a dramatized movie. Sith don't look like Sith irl, they take the shape of Jedi in every way to keep them guised and flourishing.

It's extremely rare to turn that 'incline to abuse' after power/knowledge/wealth into a Jedi and be surviving. You especially won't hear about it anywhere and all the rest of the Sith will be attacking you lrc.

I grew up just like Anakin but as a Sith under the tutelage of a Sith. By 19 it allowed me to become a millionaire and I drove 2million pound cars when people couldn't afford 10k houses. At 25, overnight, I changed over to Jedi, and I know the incredible battles you have to face irl if you take that path. Every day and night that power and 'what if' haunts you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sith. I want the emotional freedom to feel love and hatred.

1|2
    0|0
  • In my opinion, I would go the sith because they are so much cooler. They have cooler lightsabers, cooler names, and also cooler outfits. also, I would like to see the first-order win in one of the movies. 😂

1|1
    0|0
  • I would join neither of those nutjob organizations. Imperial academy for me. I'd be the guy who presses the button that fires the Death Star laser.

1|1
    0|0
  • They are both very wrong. Kinda the point of the whole series.

1|3
    0|0
  • Sith, of course.
    It's working for Putin and his protogé Trump rather well.

1|0
    0|0
  • George Lucas has expressed regret in adopting this black and white philosophy in regards to the force. He said that, like everything else in life, there are obviously going to be shades of gray. He even toyed briefly with the idea of beginning a whole new series set in the Star War universe but thousands of years in the future so that he could reshape his approach to the force, giving his characters more flexibility in their alignments.

I don't think that either the Jedi or the Sith can necessarily claim superiority. Both have their strengths and both have their weaknesses. If ever in the Star Wars universe a group arose which tapped into both the light and dark sides of the force, neither the Jedi nor the Sith would stand a chance against them. Neutrality, in regards to the force, would be all-powerful.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, the Jedi aren't supposed to have attachments or relationships, as it's against their religion. But they only refrain from these things, because they're cowards and afraid to lose them before they even know what it's like.

0|0
    0|0
  • Jedi, though I'd almost certainly be Sith. I do have a journal of all the lessens specifically uttered in the first 6 Star Wars movies. I need to dig it out and continue with the newer films.

0|0
    0|0
  • In the words of a great poet:
    You get the best of both worlds
    Chill it out, take it slow
    Then you rock out the show

0|0
    0|0
  • What you seem to be missing is that they're actually two opposing religions. Rather than bad and good.

0|1
    0|0
  • rogue

it's like deciding between libs and repubs

1|0
    0|0
  • Being a grey Jedi because being a traditional Jedi is like being what we would call a crazy religious fundamentalists

0|1
    0|0
  • From those two I choose domination ( Sith) because what is power good for if you dont benefit from it?

0|0
    0|0
  • Jedi bc I don’t like being the bad guy unless its too troll people lol

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd say Jedi purely because of what they stand for as a whole, but for the individual, Sith is the definitely the better of the 2 in my opinion.

As a Jedi you have to deny almost all of your natural instincts and passions aswell as not being able to marry or have children in order to preserve peace in yourself.

As a Sith you get to follow all of your instincts and do whatever you want, but you are chained to you Master and at some point, one of you might kill the other.
    You are also universally hated and feared if you show you're a Sith.

0|1
    0|0
  • Sith. They're more peaceful than the jedi. Just read their code.

0|0
    0|0
  • There should be a third path because I can be a horrible bastard sometimes.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 6

• Ultimately the Jedi however they both have their flaws. The Jedi are often to close minded and don't seem to take enough chances on people. They also couldn't notice a sith lord rising in power right uner their noses.

0|0
    0|0
  • Both were wrong. The force should belong to nobody. Luke learned that

0|0
    0|0
  • I am senate!

0|0
    0|0
  • Jedi!

1|0
    0|0
  • Jedi... what is there to dominate.