Which first person shooter video game franchise do you consider the best/greatest one of all time?

For me, it's Doom and Wolfenstein tied. Not only are they the father of the FPS genre of video games but they have a special place in my heart.
  • Which first person shooter video game franchise do you consider the best/greatest one of all time?Doom franchise
  • Which first person shooter video game franchise do you consider the best/greatest one of all time?Wolfenstein franchise
  • Which first person shooter video game franchise do you consider the best/greatest one of all time?Bioshock triology
    Vote C
  • Which first person shooter video game franchise do you consider the best/greatest one of all time?Call of Duty franchise
    Vote D
  • Which first person shooter video game franchise do you consider the best/greatest one of all time?Halo franchise
    Vote E
  • Which first person shooter video game franchise do you consider the best/greatest one of all time?Battlefield franchise
    Vote F
  • Others
    Vote G

24

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Doom was the first real FPS so that should always be taken into account. Halo is responsible for fucking up the genre. What they did well, others tried to copy and failed at. Call of Duty is pretty over rated, and never played Battlefield. But Bioshock is one of the best series ever made. FPS or otherwise.

• Yeah, Bioshock is my 3rd most favorite FPS video game franchise behind Doom and Wolfenstein. I'm not the biggest fan of the FPS genre as I used to be thanks to Crap of Duty and Post-Bungie Halo (*cough cough* Halo 5 Guardians). The most recent Doom and Wolfenstein game, Doom (2016) and Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus are a breath of fresh air compared to all the crappy FPS games we've been getting lately.

• I mean the older Call of Duty games weren't bad (some of them are actually great games), just the newer ones after Modern Warfare 3, became utter shit.

• Haven’t played the new Doom. But the originals and Doom 3 were good games. Just don’t have the time anymore.