Rate this show out of 5: The Andy Griffith Show?

1 being it sucked to 5 it was awesome

917

Most Helpful Girl

• 4- I still watch it every evening. Aunt Bea gets on my last nerve but I still like it. Classic show that's still funny.

Most Helpful Guy

• A four.

If anything, it gets high marks for the episode when Andy told Opie how to deal with a bully and paraphrases a Founding Father, "Millions for charity; not one penny for tribute"

Also the episode where Opie kills a mother bird and Andy encourages him to take responsibility for the orphans. When Opie raises and releases them, he remarks how empty the nest seems, which seems to drill right into Andy's heart, knowing that he is a widower and the same thing will happen to him in a few years. Andy retorts, "Yep. But don't the trees seem full?"

Then there was an episode about this out of control kid where Andy, while in uniform, a sheriff of the county, an officer of the law, actually advises the father to use corporal punishment. I'm not saying that's great, but it does denote the times. Today, a sheriff in uniform who advises a parent to use corporal punishment could find himself out of a job, or worse up on charges.