Rate this show out of 5: The Andy Griffith Show?

1 being it sucked to 5 it was awesome

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• 4- I still watch it every evening. Aunt Bea gets on my last nerve but I still like it. Classic show that's still funny.

2|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• A four.

If anything, it gets high marks for the episode when Andy told Opie how to deal with a bully and paraphrases a Founding Father, "Millions for charity; not one penny for tribute"

Also the episode where Opie kills a mother bird and Andy encourages him to take responsibility for the orphans. When Opie raises and releases them, he remarks how empty the nest seems, which seems to drill right into Andy's heart, knowing that he is a widower and the same thing will happen to him in a few years. Andy retorts, "Yep. But don't the trees seem full?"

Then there was an episode about this out of control kid where Andy, while in uniform, a sheriff of the county, an officer of the law, actually advises the father to use corporal punishment. I'm not saying that's great, but it does denote the times. Today, a sheriff in uniform who advises a parent to use corporal punishment could find himself out of a job, or worse up on charges.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 8

• 5/5 would watch again

0|2
    0|0
  • 5 it's great

0|1
    0|0
  • 5 One of the BEST!!!

0|1
    0|0
  • 3. Not bad.

0|1
    0|0
  • 4/5 !

0|1
    0|0
  • 5 one of the best

0|1
    0|0
  • never watched it

0|0
    0|0
  • 4/5 to me

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 16

• I would rate it a 4 because I like the basic values that he is trying to teach his son. He also shows mercy sometimes and decides not to punish him if he tells the truth right away, even if he deserved a punishment.

0|1
    0|0
  • You mean that show that was created to sell Americans on a mythical golden age that never existed, so we'd STFU and stop questioning our masters? That Andy Griffith Show? It was pretty boring, to be honest. 2.

0|0
    0|0
  • whell GOOOLEY SHAZAM

im'on give that there show a big ol' FIVE outta FIVE

that there television show is just Right as Rain it is hehehe.

( trying to type like Gomer Pile )

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm still on the first season. I wish Happy Days and like The Waltons were streamable. The Waltons is at least on TV.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'd give it a 4.9. It's funny and I love Andy Griffith.

0|1
    0|0
  • I grew up watching Andy growing up so I rate the show a 5

0|1
    0|0
  • 5 . It is still aired on my local channels.

0|1
    0|0
  • 5/5 Great show!

0|1
    0|0
  • 4. it was funny.

0|1
    0|0

0|1
    0|0
  • 10 out of 10. The best

0|1