Has anyone played the Nintendo Switch and is it any good?

I’m thinking about saving up money to get myself a Nintendo Switch. My favorite game is Skyrim and I would love to have a console I can play it on during travels instead of taking my bulky gaming laptop.

I seen a few YouTubers play games on the Switch and they seem to like it but I want to make sure it’s worth the $400 I’ll be paying.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• The Nintendo Switch is a good game. Get it now, especially if you like Mega Man. In May, the first ten core Mega Man games will be released. Unlike with the Wii where you had to purchase downloadable content (such as Bass on Mega Man 10), if you purchase the games, the downloadable content will be free.

And then, in the autumn, Mega Man 11 will be released.

Also, in the autumn, Pokémon is expected to make the move over to the Switch.

The main games currently on the Switch are the new Zelda game and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. The fun will arrive in a few months.

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• As an honor of all the new and most of the old consoles. The switch was one of my more recent purchases. Was worried I may not enjoy it. But man was I wrong.

The new Zelda is a Masterpiece. The world. The gameplay. The soundtrack. Just incredible. You said you loved skyrim. Well then you need the new Zelda. Other than Zelda the new Mario is incredible too. So much fun and exploration. Nintendo really know how to make games fun. So to me. I recommend you get it

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 15

• I love my Switch, but I'm a lifelong fan of the games Nintendo publishes. You might want to look into long running series such as Zelda, Mario, Fire Emblem, Metroid and Pikmin for example if its something for yoy. Even though it seems this current console will get more support from 3rd platform. Just do some research because it is an expensive investmenr.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not really into Nintendo since most of their games are PG-13

But my daughter is asking for the switch and she said she really like few games that's available on it

I didn't do much of studying since I'm not going to use it

0|0
    0|0
    • Why do u need cursing and violence to enjoy a game? Good gameplay can come in a game without a M rating.

• Well as a 80s kid I didn't grow up on the Nintendo consoles (sad I know)

I mostly grow up on the Amiga PC and Sega Genesis console... so my childhood was violence lol

However the first Nintendo console I got was the Nintendo Wii (I got it for my kids) and that's when I saw Nintendo PG-13 ecosystem

There games are really nice and enjoyable (I played it with my kids) and even got the Nintendo WiiU afterwards

However it's not my style but my kids got hooked on it (for obvious reasons) and they're
      negotiating me the Nintendo Switch now lol

• Hmmm, I liked the zelda, but after finishing that in 2 weeks I basically haven't picked it up again. There's good games to come though! It's just taking a while 😊 (the world ends with you, atelier games, etc)

0|0
    0|0
  • Nintendo switch is great, if you liked skyrim then the new Zelda will be a must have. Switch collection is not large but have lots of awesome titles

1|0
    0|0
  • The Switch is worth buying JUST to play Zelda.
    This gaming console is also a technological DREAM. They did everything right. No complaints.

0|0
    0|0
  • I really enjoy it especially if I am not at home since I can't take my pc everywhere. The games might not be for everyone but I am enjoying most of them.

0|0
    0|0
  • I own one, and it is a wonderful console. However right now i dont use it as much since i currently have nothing to play for itm

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd say at launch it was worth it fro the first two months cause zelda, but know it's a pretty full fledged console and has and is continuing to rack up a impressive line up of titles, it's eshop is turning into a filtered and combing of the best steam hits (hyper light drifter please arrive!!!) The one caviate of the switch is battery life but for a console that size and of this quality it is a necessary sacrifice that can be easily remedied via power packs (just watch out for heat via charging as that can cause slight bending of the console when playing it in handheld mode because of the way you end up holding it)

0|0
    0|0
  • Its great my 2 favourites were shovel knight and mario oydessy

0|0
    0|0
  • It's pretty shit in my opinion. But I'm a PC gamer so I have high expectations.

0|0
    0|0
    • Don’t get me wrong. I love my PC too but it’s so hard to travel with even though it’s a laptop.

• The edgy stories make for more fun unless it M rated multiplayer than Nintendo kicks the shit out of that in fun levels in my opinion

• I'm getting one once Smash comes out! 👍🏾

0|0
    0|0
  • Its great

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes and yes

0|0
    0|0
  • No ☺️💕

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 8

• We don't have a switch but my best friend brings hers around whenever she comes over so we can all play it together. It's a lot of fun and she seems to be very pleased with her purchase.

0|0
    0|0
  • I love my switch!! I would recommend getting The legend of Zelda (breath if the wild) and also Super Mario Odyssey!

1|0
    0|0
  • My boyfriend and I love ours but I can’t wait for their game selection to become wider, also the cost of games are quite up there averaging $80

0|0
    0|0
  • It's pretty good and I've used mine quite a lot. I've played a lot of Mario Kart and Zelda on it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I personally love it I have Breath of the Wild Splattoon and Mario kart

0|0
    0|0
  • I love my Nintendo switch my favourite games is a splatoon 2. If u like third shooter person.

0|0
    0|0
  • I played my niece's Nintendo switch i think it's pretty cool!

0|0
    0|0
  • I love it so far. It's really nice to play with.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes