Why didn't jack and rose practice safe sex especially considering that they'd just met that day?

why the hand?

why would she say "put your hands on me?"

did she think he wasn't going to and needed to be commanded?

i remember being confused when i saw this in theaters back in '97
  • jack pulled out but no one ever told him it wasn't a reliable form of birth control
    Vote A
  • they were trying to conceive on the first date
    Vote B
  • they didn't care because... cruises do that to you
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Jack was respectful towards her and wanted for her to tell him that she was ready for him to take her. Once she said "put your hands on me", it was game on for Jack who patiently waited for her YES. I'm guessing that they made love and was all out passion without regrets.

0|0
    0|0
  • What form of safe sex would you have recommended given the period involved and the unexpected nature of the hook-up?

0|0
    0|0
    • well, at least if it was anal she wouldn't get preggo.
      I guess thats one way... lol

• Show All
    • I agree @ariadneR. I hate condoms too and love going bareback!

• @TaureanBull81 Thats history. Why do you think it was still common to have 8 or 9 kids back then? Before the sexual revolution brought about by cheap contraceptives and sexual education, emotional hook ups may still have happened, but they carried certain risks. there's a reason most cultures have such a dim view of such things lol :D

Most Helpful Girls

• I can literally count on one hand how many movies that I'VE seen where the character put a condom on before they have sex. They focus so much on having these over the top sex scenes and just ignore everything else

0|0
    0|0
  • Latex wasn't invented until 1920, and the Titanic sank in 1912.

Not to mention that neither of those two people were real.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 18

• Its true love coco loco lol
    There is no 'safe sex' when it feels that right

They were meant to be 😛

'Put your hands on me'
    Its just passion lol. Its expressive. She's telling him How she feels. Thats a good thing coco mocho

0|0
    0|0
  • The HMS Titanic sank 15 of April 1912. Latex condoms were not invented till 1920. Sheep skin condoms were essentially useless in the prevention of STIs and Pregnancy.

0|2
    0|0
  • I don't think either of them had their handy dandy sheep intestine condoms were available on the boat (and yes that is what what we call condoms first started off as)

0|0
    0|0
  • Other than Vatican Roulette and abstinence, what was "safesex" 106 years ago?

0|1
    0|0
    • The ancient Romans had an effective form of birth control it was a plant women would eat, sadly they ate/fucked it into extinction

• Maybe they feel the importance to procreate outweighed the importance to prevent it. Maybe their ultimate good was bringing in children.

0|0
    0|0
  • Uve thought about this too much coco... U tryin to leave ur hand print on the window of a steamy car lmao

0|0
    0|0
  • Well i mean she did say she wanted to be his whore...

0|0
    0|0
  • Cause Jack was nimble and Jack was quick but he burned his little teeny weeny d***

0|0
    0|0
  • It was like 1912. No one though about that shit back then.

0|0
    0|0
  • He probably pulled out...

1|0
    0|0
  • It is overly romanticized hollywood shite.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's love things go out of hand

0|1
    0|0
  • Cause that didn't really exist at the time

0|0
    0|0
  • Hell no

0|0
    0|0
  • Think that but confused too lol

0|1
    0|0
  • People tend to say "fuck it" quite literally

0|0
    0|0
  • She was "entitled" to an abortion

0|0
    0|0
  • Pfft, cause the movie came out in '97, so they already knew they were going to hit an iceberg. Everyone knows history.

Jack figured he was gonna die, and since he wasn't getting an oscar for his performance, he'd at least go in bareback.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 8

• They didn't think of it and just did it. First time I watched it I was a child (around 10) and I didn't even know what a condom was XD
    I just find it embarrassing and quite a cool scene.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hahaha it's set in the past when no one really gave a crap 😂

0|0
    0|0
  • hahahah great question! They probably never heard about STD

0|0
    0|0
  • you only live once

0|1
    0|0
  • You do know this was just a movie...