Should I go to this party?

So a few people from my middle school had birthdays around the same time during March. There's a birthday party planned for all of them as one, but at the same time it's also a "farewell" party because we're all seniors in high school. The invitation itself mentioned that we'll probably never see each other again since we'll all be going to college and things like that. I imagine that there will be somewhat of a large amount of kids going. But I'm still on the fence if I want to go myself. I was never really popular during that time, and I only had a few close friends. I might go if those close friends are going, but if otherwise then I don't know. That's not the only issue though. Another issue is that's it's gonna be a pool party and that I'm self conscious about my body. All the guys from my old class are now muscular and jacked up now, and tbh I'm still kinda chubby. I also have a stretch mark. Another issue is that they're might be drugs there. Since everybody from my old class either smokes, vapes, drinks, or uses drugs by now, it's gonna be uncomfortable for me if they start doing it. I know the invitation said that family is invited, but if no family comes then they'll probably be doing it. So yeah, I kinda want to go this thing, but at the same time I kinda don't. I get that it's nice to see these people before we all graduate and go to college, but I don't wanna be peer pressured into doing things, I like wearing a shirt in the pool, and I also don't know for sure if these people who I was never really close with are really worth it. What do you guys think?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

What Guys Said 1

• Do it, you'll most likely regret it in the future if you don't. I'm sure that nobody will care about your body and you don't need to go in the pool if you don't want to. I'm in a similar situation with the drugs too a lot, just politely pass if they offer it to you.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes