Would you agree or disagree that the video game publisher and developer, CD Projekt Red, is a breath of fresh air for gamers in today's era?

of video gaming infested with microtransactions?

I mean let's think about it. CD Projekt Red is probably the most consumer-friendly video game company we have today. None of their games are infested with microtransactions and their recent game, The Witcher III, has a DLC pack but a DLC pack that's an expansion to the gameplay and story, which is DLC being done right (unlike EA or Extreme Assholes, a company that deliberately cuts off part of the main storyline of a campaign in a game and then sells them as "DLCs"). Nintendo (although not the most consumer-friendly video game company) is another one of the very few game companies that doesn't pull the microtransaction bullshit on their video games (only for their mobile games).
Would you agree or disagree that the video game publisher and developer, CD Projekt Red, is a breath of fresh air for gamers in today's era?

• Agree
    Vote A
  • Disagree
    Vote B
  • Other
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 1

• Even when EA wasn't able to pull this microtransaction stuff they always were up to some shady shit.

0|0
    0|0
    • I just hope when EA releases another game, they receive another vitriol/backlash so they can lose even more stock value money like they recently did from the backlash they received for Star Wars Battlefront II, lol.

What Guys Said 2

• Best developer out there, albeit not the largest library to judge just yet. Their development times may be slow, but the results just go to prove that quality > quantity.

You forgot the most awesome thing they’ve done so far. THREE MONTHS OF FREE WEEKLY DLC RELEASES after the launch of Witcher 3. “We should have had this content ready at launch. It wouldn’t feel right to charge extra for these now.” A big middle finger to every developer who’s had day-one paid DLC.

And bug fixes. So many bug fixes. Their care for their products after launch has put Bethesda to shame. Unlike other developers who get by on hype and popular IPs alone, these guys EARNED their game of the year awards with endless work before and after release. No doubt about it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely. let’s hope they don’t fuck us over like so many others.

0|0
    0|0
    • The real question is will EA eventually buy them too

• Show All
    • @dropkicknj13 Unfortunately, you are right about that. That's why I despise EA so much. They buy off so many talented game development studios, only to chew them up and spit them out. Seeing EA ever going out of business and rotting in the 4th layer of hell would be the greatest day of many gamers and game developers lives. I'd throw a celebration party if that ever happens, lol.

• you are not wrong about that.

Recommended myTakes