Do you know what a speedrun is? Do you enjoy it?

(speedruning = finishing a video game in the smallest amound of time possible without modifying the game)

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I know what they are. I think I that they’re clever and often impressive, granted that they typically involve exploits that weren’t intended to be used. While impressive to see though, I don’t enjoy trying them myself, and have been frustrated when games that I want to get “100%” achievements for include a speed run trophy. I find it to be lazy and uninspired trophy design, especially in longer games like the Uncharted remasters. Screw up once and there goes a whole day down the toilet. If people want to challenge themselves in such an artificial way then let them set their own goal times, but don’t push arbitrary time limits on your average players, you know? 😥

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Its fascinating to watch, honestly. I really enjoy them and like to have them in the background when I'm studying. I also think what they do with GDQ is great. I always pop in on the stream to donate a few dollars.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• I speed run a few games. I actually hold a world record in a game I do speed run (Husk Any%). But I'm also very interested in watching speed runs because most of top end stuff they completely destroy the game. That being said I've speed ran 4 games and got a world record in one of them but it took like almost 20 hours to even get close to a WR. The time investment is personally to much for me but I love watching other professionals.

0|0
    0|0
  • AGDQ and SGDQ are some of the best things to ever happen with gaming.

0|0
    0|0
  • Love watching ones where people can use glitches and exploits to try get ahead but exp em up

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• I speedrun SM64, Akumajo Dracula X - Gekka No Yasokyoku (Castlevania SotN, Sega Saturn) and Sonic 2.

Terrible at speedruns, but better at regular gameplay because of it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I watch them for games I like, like Super Mario Sunshine because I know how much of a pain it is to beat those games fairly so I can admire the speedrun a lot more.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes