Do you think sexualization is overused in anime?

I love anime like Kill la Kill, Panty and Stocking, Gurren Laggan, but I want your opinion if you think they use sexualization too much. Does it bother you? Do you like it? Personal, I don't mind sexualization honestly, but I think they can lower it down a bit.
  • Yes
  • No

34

Most Helpful Girl

• Extremely!!! It’s good and all but they do need to tone it down. Not everything has to be sexual like dayum! XD

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm a large fan of anime, and in my opinion it isn't necessarily bad to have sexualization, but the overuse of it is dulling to the senses, like a jumpscare in a horror movie. It just gets a reaction with no real thought behind it, it's a cheap rush of adrenaline to keep the audience focused. Once or twice it can be a good thing, do it over and over and over and over and over and over and it starts to subtract from the mood and immersion of the show. Basically, its cheap and never leads to anything, it builds up the tension with no payoff, so it's meaningless, filling your show with meaningless time wasters makes your show bad.