Do you think sexualization is overused in anime?

I love anime like Kill la Kill, Panty and Stocking, Gurren Laggan, but I want your opinion if you think they use sexualization too much. Does it bother you? Do you like it? Personal, I don't mind sexualization honestly, but I think they can lower it down a bit.
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Extremely!!! It’s good and all but they do need to tone it down. Not everything has to be sexual like dayum! XD

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm a large fan of anime, and in my opinion it isn't necessarily bad to have sexualization, but the overuse of it is dulling to the senses, like a jumpscare in a horror movie. It just gets a reaction with no real thought behind it, it's a cheap rush of adrenaline to keep the audience focused. Once or twice it can be a good thing, do it over and over and over and over and over and over and it starts to subtract from the mood and immersion of the show. Basically, its cheap and never leads to anything, it builds up the tension with no payoff, so it's meaningless, filling your show with meaningless time wasters makes your show bad.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

• Japan has a completely different set of morals and social rules. And it doesn't bother me.

0|1
    0|0
  • yeah it's

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• I think so, but it doesn't bother me at all.

0|1
    0|0
  • Anime is for perverts so what do you expect?

0|1
    0|0
  • the main purpose is that so it makes sense.

0|1
    0|0
    • Would you care to elaborate? I've personally never seen an instance of fan service that made a show make sense. I have seen shows use fanservice in intriguing and purposeful ways, but this is rare. Most of the time is just seems like a meaningless build up of tension that leads to nothing, and since it always leads to nothing it's predictable and loses value the more often you are exposed to it.

• Show All
    • There are hentai series and series focused almost entirely on nudity, why does it have to find it's way into the majority of anime? Most of the time fanservice doesn't even have nudity, it just flashes a scene in sexual context to get the blood flowing to your head. Some highschool girl trips and falls with her boobs landing right in her crushes face and her panties on display for everyone, how scandalous, until you've seen that exact scene in dozens of anime. I understand enjoying hentai, I watch it myself, I just don't think fanservice has a place in most anime, and anime that use it a lot tend to be using it to hide how bad their show is.

• @devilman666 I guess they use it to just for more views

Recommended myTakes