What is one movie you think wasn't worth the hype?

4177

Most Helpful Guy

• Suicide Squad

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 76

• The Exorcist

• Star Wars: The Phantom Menace. There was SO much hype for that movie... and it... wasn’t... great. There were a lot of inconsistencies with it’s own partial storyline that had been stated in 4-6, etc... but I don’t think even an amazing Star Wars prequels would have lived up to the hype TPM had.

• The phantom menace would have been better but Lucas had to change the plot for the entire prequel series because of fan hatred for the first movie. It would have made more sense if the fans would have shut their mouths and waited another 5 years

• Annihilation. I saw articles that we're praising it for being very thought provoking and having all these great performances. I mostly bought in because Tessa Thompson, Oscar Isaac and Natalie Portman were in it. I mean they're good actors so what could go wrong? Nope. I was really disappointed by a jumbled storyline, bland acting, and shocking imagery for the sake of imagery. Not my kind of movie

• Jurassic World. It
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUCKING
    SUUUUUUUUUUUUCKED
    It broke all those those opening weekend records, but then ticket sales dropped sharply based on what I looked up.
    However, Mad Max, which came out that same Summer, started out slow but then grew exponentially. THAT'S when you know you have a good movie, when it suceeds without hype.

• Batman vs. Superman sucked so much I couldn't finish watching it the first time around. And mind you that I was in a 10 hour flight with literally nothing better to do.

• Star wars 7 and 8... So disappointed... And the last fast and furious ( 7,8 or what ever the number is )

• all 50 shades stuff. hell let me do some porn romance cover I will fuck your tears away into more tears

• For whatever reason my dad really wanted to see Jupiter ascending and I thought it looked bad to begin with but that movie was just predictable and garbage.

• Any of the Star Wars films with the exception of Empire Strikes Back.

• All the comic. book. movies, star wars and almost every other Hollywood action movie in the last five years

• I like the first 3 Star Wars, people wore costumes, puppetry and so on... just more fun to watch than a computerized backdrop or digital action figures and creatures, it takes the passion away

• You obviously didn’t see Logan or Deadpool

• I find that most movies, even though i still like most of the movies i go and see, aren't worth the hype.

• Thor: Ragnarok was pure, unadulterated, steaming hot, boiling sewage by any standard.

• Poor Thor was emasculated in every scene :/

• Well the movie did get everyone watching it to wonder, "Is Hulk packing or what?"

• And damn that jacuzzi is big

• Beauty and the Beast live action film. I didn't see the hype when I watched it.

• I dunno. There's so many good movies out there, why should I focus on the shitty ones?

• Real Question is.. what is one movie that was worth the hype?
    That's what stumps me.

• Easy. Pulp Fiction, Star Wars (not the new ones though, they are fucktarded), The Dark Knight, The Matrix, Gangs of New York, anything by James Cameron, anything by Steven Spielberg.
      These movies had huge hypes coming out. Even though I wasn't alive for all of these releases, they all had HUGE hypes based on the history I've read.

• I should of rephrased my question to "what modern film", cause the only recent film I saw and liked was the Martian. Everything else is just diluted, CGI nonsense.

• 50 shades

• Batman vs superman

• Every Star Wars movie.

... Ya heard me.

• 😈😈😈 Star Wars is TOTALLY worth the hype!!! If not more!!!

• Black panther and star wars

• Black panther

• 90% of the marvel movies

• Suicidé squad

• Incidious 3rd part

• Fast and the furious, Avengers, twilight

• Every DC movie after The Dark Knight trilogy

• Anchorman

• Bvs, ironman 3, suicide squad.

• Deadpool

• Gladiator hate that film

• Don't breathe (blind man)

• Show more from Guys
    46

What Girls Said 40