Is there a book you would recommend others to read? If so which and why?

I would recommend Flatland: A Romance of Many Dimensions among others. An educational and satiric book well over 130 years old, which still has a lot of relevance in its satire and still explains the concept of dimensions phenomennally in my opinion.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• The Unbearable Lightness of Being

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I have seen the film adaptation but not read the book. I believe it to be absolutely a good book. Thanks for bringing it up.

• I will never see the film. The book is too powerful to me.

Most Helpful Guy

• How to Solve It, by George Polya. Teaches you a lot about problem solving.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 18

• I would say Maus by Art Spiegelman. Its a graphic novel about the holocaust. It has interesting accounts and the animals that represent each people in it make you think. For example, the dogs are Americans, the Germans are cats and the Jewish are mice, just to name a few!

1|0
    0|0
  • 'Seveneves' by Neal Stephenson, it's an amazing science fiction novel, presently too caught up with other things but I'm looking forward to read it too some day!

0|0
    0|0
    • Looks interesting. I feel a bit sad for you being so caught up in things - at least if it means there is no time for reading at all - it is so amazing to read, I think that I always strive to make sure there is time available for just a couple of pages if nothing more :). Hope you will enjoy it when you read it. Thanks for sharing.

• The Legend series by Marie Lu because it made me cry and it has a lot of passionate moments and it is an investigative novel while also being a dystopian novel.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm a sucker for Biographies:

How to be a Bawse: A Guide to
    Conquering Life

I Am Malala

Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Chest Trail

0|0
    0|0
    • Have not read any of these but I agree that Biographies can be very interesting to read, there are several good ones out there in my opinion, and now more candidates for me (and others). Thanks for the recommendations.

• AMULT!!! The series. P. s it's a comic, a very beautiful comic😊😊😊

0|0
    0|0
  • Almost any of the Ellen Hopkins book my favorite one was impulse

0|0
    0|0
  • The alchemist by Paulo
    Wings of fire by A. P. J Abdul kalam

0|0
    0|0
  • The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson. My favorite book thus far

0|0
    0|0
    • Also a very good one - it is amazing how some stories just seems to be both relevant and intersting across so many years and different periods of time. Fantadtic suggestion, thanks.

• Mhm no problemo

• The Gunslinger

0|0
    0|0
  • Gotti's Rules

0|0
    0|0
  • The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

0|0
    0|0
  • Hamlet

0|0
    0|0
    • A very good play agreed. Personally I like Macbeth over Hamlet but they and others of his writings as well are still excellent reading.

• There's not a *bad* Shakespeare play to read. Just about every one can find one they fancy.

• Noah by Sebastian Fitzek.

0|0
    0|0
  • genius: the game

0|0
    0|0
  • lost in translation

0|0
    0|0
  • Harry Potter, because why not?

0|0
    0|0
    • Indeed why not fantastic books :)

• Show All
    • True. And now we even have the Fantastic Beasts franchise. There's so much to know!

• Indeed :)

• The hobbit

0|0
    0|0
    • Also one of my favorites - readable for most ages, a great story and with several nice messages in it as well in my opinion.

• Show All
    • Yes also many brilliant works by him. I know mostly of his children (and grown up) stories less about his poetry etc.

• Children stories for me

• The Holy Bible

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 12

• If you're already in a relationship or wish to be one, or want to save the one you're in, read The Married Man Sex Life Primer by Athol Kay
    It could change your life.

There's also some very good reading online here: www.therationalmale.com

0|0
    1|0
    • Very interesting reviews - can even see patterns of what is stated in those alone present in several posts here. Thanks for the tip.

• My favorite book is 1984 by George Orwell. I recommend anyone who hasn’t read it, to definitely read it as it’s a very unique book on a unique perspective of the world. I was surprised by how this book affected me, by it’s plot mainly.

0|0
    0|0
    • Agreed - that is also a brilliant book. As is others of his works. If you haven't read them I can highly recommend those too. Thanks for sharing.

• Arsen Lupen- the Hollow Needle.
    It's best to read the first two books first. But this one, on its own, is very good.
    Why: It's about a gentleman thief.( Enough said ) His main rule is NO KILLING.

0|0
    0|0
    • I have not read them yet but have had them recommended. Perhaps this is a hint for me to get going. The setting for the story is absolutely promosing as you indicate. Thanks.

• The Bible.

It directs man or woman the right way to lead their soul and eternal home towards Heaven. It tells how we can avoid making Hell our eternal home.

0|0
    0|0
    • Agreed it is a book worth reading with many take aways Christian or not. I do beleive though there are many alternative/similar and just as right ways to live for both men and women (but that is another discussion :) ). Thanks for contributing.

• Show All
    • Iam an atheist u fucking orthodoxian twats, kill urselves cuz of smth u dont know even exists lol, meanwhile ill enjoy my life, while u desire ur afterlife, even though not certain there is so dumbasses

• Yeah what ever πŸ€£πŸ˜ƒπŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ€£πŸ˜ƒ

• Art of war, everyone needs to read that. It pertains to everyday life with the tactics overcoming conflict or problems

0|0
    0|0
  • Anything by Poe if you like dark, psychological horror :)

0|0
    0|0
  • The invention of nature by Andrea Wulf (non-fiction)

Gone girl by Gillian Flynn (fiction)

0|0
    0|0
  • Chronicles of Narnia

1|0
    0|0
    • Many fantasy suggestions so far and I agree the Chronicles of Narnia is absolutely worth reading. Let's hope it inspires some to pick them up. Thanks a lot.

• Yeah, fantasy and sci are not my preferred genre, but I second a vote for Narnia.

• I've heard you're supposed to read it like every ten years in your life and each time it changes because if your view on life is different

• Bible !!!

0|0
    0|0
  • Sun Tzu Art of war

0|0
    0|0
  • which: the bible

why: because unless you understand Genesis 6 you will never understand the bible and why GOD did what he did

0|0
    0|0
    • Agreed definitely worth reading Christian or not in my opinion.

• Show All
    • I have not read it (and would only be able to read a translated version) but thst is actually also a book I have on my own books to be read list.

• @Hefaistoz

the Quran is not even ancient history
      I have read it already it falls short and that's easy to prove now

• Tombs of Atuan, although fantasy, it helped me reflect on what really matters in life.

0|0
    0|0
    • Sounds interesting - and with several relevant pointers even for today. I love famtasy and this one is even of an older date (70ies). Is it not amazing when books make such an impact on you. I think so. Thanks for the suggestion.

• Np! I bought for a dollar at a campus book sale, I love those little treasures

• Me too. Just a matter of being a bit patient going to such kinds of sale and then you will discover so many cool things at the cost of almost nothing.

Recommended myTakes