Do you think rap music is devolving & getting stupid in recent years?

I just heard Gucci Gang & it made me want to develop aggressive tinnitus.
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• nowadays rap and trap are basically two different genres (or trap is a sub genre really). There is plenty of good rap, gucci gang is trap music and it’s repetitive and supposed to just get u hyped. i don’t like it, but some other trap music is alright (for what it’s meant for, which isn’t usually the lyrics).

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Rap music is shit since day one, rappers are just fake monkeys, and it irritates me that it's so popular and some think of it as meaningful

0|0
    0|0
    • Ah that's a little racially charged.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Guys Said 6

• You are listening to the wrong rap. When I listen it's usually during my run or workout. I find the beat to be very beneficial to my rhythm of working out. I rarely listen to any music for the words unless it captures my interest. Which it does sometimes when it's very moving. Like NF, that's not all I'm just bad at remembering name's of songs and artists. But yeah some raps are TERRIBLE LMAO but with all music you have to find what suits you... or pluck your value from it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, it’s getting worse every decade. Give me 80s-90s rap over everything.

0|0
    0|0
    • Part of me thinks that kind of decline is natural to music genres eventally.

• True. Rock n Roll has been dead for a long time.

• No it's not, is it? I'm still into it, too.

• Your just not looking at good rappers

1|0
    0|0
  • Yea todays rap is a fucking disgrace

0|0
    0|0
  • I used to like rap music but then I grew up. It's same, you are just grown. Same goes for Pop, Metal and a lot of other music out there. Rap is just an extreme form of the same lyrics you hear in other genres.

0|0
    0|0
    • I voted "no", by the way.

It hasn't changed much. If anything, speaking in terms of quality AND quantity, it has actually gotten better over the years. You are just listening to the "wrong" artists.

To bail you out here, it's not your fault and the "wrong" artists are the ones who are given mainstream attention so it's not entirely your fault.

• Not sure

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes