For Buffy the Vampire Slayer fans?

Does anyone why Buffy the vampire Slayer was called that instead of Buffy the Demon Slayer?

34

Most Helpful Girl

• Because Joss Whedon willed it to be so.
    Probably because her prime directive was to kill vampires; she just happened to move to a Hell Mouth, where there were a crap ton of other monsters, and had to abilities to stop them. I don't think she fought, or even knew about other monsters until to moved to Sunnydale. Also, I think there were only vampires in the original movie, and the kept the name and title from that.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• Because she's a vampire slayer that also kills demons but she generally focuses on vampires.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • A lot of episodes had nothing to do with vampires and felt bit over the top. For example, devilish Hyenas who can slaughter you in an instant.

• Like i said, she kills demons as well but she focuses on the vampiric threat.