Would you consider The Blair Witch Project to be the scariest movie of the 1990s[SPOILER ALERT, VIDEO HERE!]?

I think so. It honestly kinda creeps me out how in the ending, you can't see or understand what's happening in these recordings.
  • Yes
  • No
  • Other
    Vote C

34

Most Helpful Girl

• i find it to be creepy. the hand-held camera style is... I don't know. it makes things seem more real.

Most Helpful Guy

• I found it boring n hate that it started a new movement of "camcorder horror" and complete reliance on jump scares. I think great spook flicks have great soundtracks, and cool cinematography is nice too. I think the concept was cool, but it just didn't hit home for me.

• Except The Blair Witch Project very rarely ever used jump scares, more like building up unsettling and unpredictable atmosphere. It was the sequel (Blair Witch, 2017) that started to rely on jump scares too much. The later movies that were inspired by the handheld-style camera angle horror films like Paranormal Activity, I will admit, were overrated, except for the Spanish horror film, [REC](released in 2007), which was the camcorder horror film done right (despite that it was a zombie horror film, rather than a paranormal/ghost or witch haunted horror film).

• You're right. Mostly referring to the newer horror that took inspiration from Blair Witch project that use jump scares. I think knowing it's not real takes away from the effect. Like, I liked The Fourth Kind a lot, but it had the same problem, and concept as Blair Witch. I wish horror would evolve yet again.