Do you think the Netflix original series 'Seven Seconds' depicts police brutality accurately?

I'm almost done binge watching Seven Seconds on Netflix. I really like the show and am curious what others think and if it is an accurate depiction of police brutality.

Updates:
I messed up the meaning of police brutality. Sorry about that. Those who say it shows police corruption and racial tension are absolutely correct. Thanks!

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I watched it and thought it was pretty good. However, I don't think it depict police brutality accurately, and I think the word did that deliberately. It doesn't focus on police brutality specifically, but more on racial tensions and police corruption.

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• this show is soo good. i feel it does show accuracy, and I've honestly never felt a connection to the characters in and movie or show except this. it was really well done, i cried

2|0
    0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 12

• I haven't watched the show. I am also neither a police officer, nor a victim of police brutality. It's my feeling that only someone who knows the series and has experienced police brutality from either perspective could accurately answer your question. That's probably a terribly small demographic.

0|0
    0|0
  • Didn't see the trailer yet. Brian Austin Green?

Another show to make black people feel like they are oppressed. Look at the recent guy who got shot in California. News articles made it sound like he had been randomly found and killed in his backyard. Few articles mentioned he had been breaking into cars and there had been a long chase.

0|0
    0|0
  • Haven't watched it, so I don't know but I doubt it. They probably amped up the severity of the police brutality so that there is no gray areas in the cases presented, to ensure that the audience feels a certain way.

0|0
    0|0
  • I dont know let me ask an officer.

Me:"Good morning officer can i ask.."

Officers:"He has a gun"

*gun fire intensively*

3|0
    0|1
  • Yes I liked it, it did touch on it and how some officers are forced to pick blue over what is tight. Also I felt like it could of shown more

0|0
    0|0
  • Didn't watch it, since it wasn't released here, but I guess it's about good black people and bad white people.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just obey the officers requests and don't loot. See, it's easy!

0|1
    1|0
  • Not watched it but going to. Sounds like a good series

0|0
    0|0
  • Have no clue. Not into movies.

0|0
    1|0
  • I mostly watch Marvel's

0|1
    2|0
  • Ask ur boyfriend

0|0
    2|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 9

• I really enjoyed watching the seven seconds series I think no he just show that some cops really can do anything or everything to help their friends.,., but they really shows their behavior in wrong ways.,.,. We can't blame the police and we can't blame the other side too so it's just thoughts inside writer head and he make a TV series about it just.,.,.

2|1
    1|0
  • I didn't think it was really about Police brutality so much as it was about Corruption. Good show, but if brutality was supposed to be the focal point I think they missed the mark.

0|0
    0|0
  • I watched the first episode and thought it was more about corruption and racial tension than police brutality.

2|0
    0|0
  • Great show but didn’t see it as brutality but plain corruption.

2|1
    0|1
  • Corruption more than brutality. And to me that’s worse...

1|0
    0|0
  • Very much so and it shpws what is happening to our peoplw today as well

0|0
    0|1
  • Never heard of it because I don't use Netflix

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • Eh. I don't remember police brutality being in it at all. They showed the corruption within the law which we all know exist but I just hate that they had to do this black thing again. Always a racist thing between black and white and it's annoying.

1|1
    0|0
    • Super annoying and makes me not want to watch it nor any other should that features that kind of shite.

Recommended myTakes