Would you rather read a book or watch the movie?

Would you rather read a book or watch the movie?
  • Books
    Vote A
  • Movie
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Book, because it takes longet then an hour. (Depending on number of pages). Helps with emagination, great time passer, and movies made after books doesn't have everything that happened from the book... so with books uou kinda get more.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• depants what was fist for some book and films.
    if the book (later the film version) came first, than i will first read the book
    if the film was first than that
    for some film directors I will 1st watch the film

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 49

• I'll be honest, I'd rather watch a movie, but I still love reading books though..

1|0
    0|0
  • Movie! Eventhough books contain more details and a lot of things are altered in the movie. I like movies and personally I am not a reader. I read facts and some other stuff but novels isn't my thing. What about you?

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on who directed the movie.
    I've seen both movies that were better than the book, and books that were better than the movie.

There isn't a definitive answer, but from my experience books are usually better than films made after them.

1|0
    0|0
  • I love both. I probably choose movie more often because you do that socially most of the time and are with other people. I usually read when I'm alone.

1|0
    0|0
  • I like to watch a movie first, to learn the characters. Than I like reading the book. If I read the book first, I loose track of who is who.

I'm bad with names, so associating it with a face, makes it better to remeber.

1|0
    0|0
  • I love both and they serve each of their own purposes. Being forced to choose I would go fornbooks over movies. However, I wouldn't want to be without either of the two if possible - and luckily for me it is possible.

1|0
    0|0
  • Books can tell the story better, with much more detail, and a lot more nuance. Te only real drawback with a book, is it takes more time.

1|0
    0|0
  • Watch the movie then read the book and see how faithful the movie was or what is did better
    And itll help you already have voices for the characters

Otherwise you'll have your own and the movie may not match up, ruining the film slightly

1|0
    0|0
  • Do both and see which one is better.. usually the book is better in the movie but sometimes movies do surprise me

1|0
    0|0
  • If you are talking about books that have been made into movies, I'd rather read the book. But I'd rather watch movies in general.

1|0
    0|0
  • REALLY depends on the story. Some movies like Forrest Gump seem to upgrade the story while The Dark Tower movie seems like a downgrade

1|0
    0|0
  • Movies are obviously easier to watch and is less time consuming but books are better than movies, although I love both.

1|0
    0|0
  • Never judge a book by its cover , its indian culture & its write here first. Never judge a human by see the face or skin colour.

1|0
    0|0
  • I love a good movie, but the book is always better, period.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would rather read the book but I am lazy so I often watch the movie.

1|0
    0|0
  • Movies dont take as long. I dont have the time for books, but they are great when I get to read them.

1|0
    0|0
  • i usually prefer movie, because i am short on time..

1|0
    0|0
  • Read a book. My imagination is usually better than the movie.

1|0
    0|0
  • Movie. I can't be bothered to read lol especially if it's long.

1|0
    0|0
  • Movie... i like reading but lately i perfer to be out.

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 25

• The books will always win in MY books.

2|0
    0|0
  • Nowadays I've started this... First read the book then watch its movie.
    Started with "IT". Followed by Great Gatsby, then "the shinning". I watched the shinning movie before reading the book. It turned out that reading the book first and then the movie is better.

1|0
    0|0
  • Books
    There have been times when I have watched certain movies and there are so many holes and blanks in the movie that I am 100% sure there is a book, so I prefer books over movie any day

1|0
    0|0
  • If it's a movie based on a book I'm reading the book first.

1|0
    0|0
  • I like to read the book then watch the movie and compare the two.

1|0
    0|0
  • i love reading books just a little bit more than watching movies.

1|0
    0|0
  • Both but book is better in my opinion because it is more descriptive

1|0
    0|0
  • I would read a book and then I will go for the movie.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the movie.

1|0
    0|0
  • Read the book of course!

1|0
    0|0
  • Preferably both

1|0
    0|0
  • i enjoy reading books more

2|0
    0|0
  • Books

1|0
    0|0
  • Book first then movie.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the book I had to read and the movie.

1|0
    0|0
  • For me, reading forever

1|0
    0|0
  • I hate reading books... So movie

1|0
    0|0
  • Books

1|0
    0|0
  • I like to do both