Chrissy Metz's first book This Is Me features her on the cover as a person at least half her weight. How is this 'Her'?

Shouldn't she have accepted her physical self as well as her psychological self if she's representing herself in the book?

Chrissy Metz's first book This Is Me features her on the cover as a person at least half her weight. How is this 'Her'?

It's a memoir as well as a self-help book.
Isn't she (and her publishing company) supposed to represent herself just the way she is?

I get that they want to sell the book to as many people as possible, but misrepresenting the person on the cover is exactly the opposite of the way to go here... Especially given the title.
  • It's counterintuitive to selling this book - especially given the title of it.
    Vote A
  • It's a marketing ploy - people are more likely to take advice from people that are fitter...
    Vote B
  • Something else - I gotta add.
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
*It's obvious bad photoshop...

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Both pictures are actually 'her', so it's not like she's lying. It's possible that she didn't really care which picture was used, but got pressured by her agent or publisher to use the more 'selling' picture.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• The face looks similar, just thinner, it could actually be her. Maybe it's just an older photo or the magic of professional makeup artists and camera angles?

1|0
    0|0
  • They did represent her they just took a pic at a angel they like all people do that I think someone is getting upset over nothing

1|0
    0|0
  • Its just marketing of a shit kind of self help book.

1|0
    0|0
  • Holy shit she looks like a damn Christmas decoration.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes