What are your thoughts about open endings from movies or books?

They irritate me. I just watched the movie “open house” and the ending sucked.

724

Most Helpful Guys

• If done right, I love it.
    It only works if there is enough to think about, or when its just a puzzle that you can piece together after you've seen the movie/show/book. With the TV show Twin Peaks there are plenty of unanswered questions, but also many interpretations as to how everything was related, making the open ending very logical.

If its just an open ending without any clues as to what happens next, then I just can't appreciate it and the movie/book feels cheap to me.

• Knew it
    That's why I admire you
    My brother was watching it and I watched it too
    After it ended I was googling stuff like a fool and happened with me a lot of times cause of his movie choices
    My brother likes those kind of movies and I hate them 😂

Most Helpful Girls

• I. Hate. Them. I want to know the whole story till they let out their last breath. Obsessed with their lives. I just want the writers to give me a Damn close and clear end. Not a shitty everything is possible one

• Ikr is the guy dead or what happend?

• I think he died because his eyes didn’t move anymore but I’m not sure

• True but i was really annoyed by the ending

• Me too, I thought it was Martha or that creepy man from the store, but they never even showed😐