What are your thoughts about open endings from movies or books?

They irritate me. I just watched the movie “open house” and the ending sucked.

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• If done right, I love it.
    It only works if there is enough to think about, or when its just a puzzle that you can piece together after you've seen the movie/show/book. With the TV show Twin Peaks there are plenty of unanswered questions, but also many interpretations as to how everything was related, making the open ending very logical.

If its just an open ending without any clues as to what happens next, then I just can't appreciate it and the movie/book feels cheap to me.

1|1
    0|0
  • Knew it
    That's why I admire you
    My brother was watching it and I watched it too
    After it ended I was googling stuff like a fool and happened with me a lot of times cause of his movie choices
    My brother likes those kind of movies and I hate them 😂

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I. Hate. Them. I want to know the whole story till they let out their last breath. Obsessed with their lives. I just want the writers to give me a Damn close and clear end. Not a shitty everything is possible one

1|0
    0|0
  • Ikr is the guy dead or what happend?

1|0
    0|0
    • I think he died because his eyes didn’t move anymore but I’m not sure

• True but i was really annoyed by the ending

• Me too, I thought it was Martha or that creepy man from the store, but they never even showed😐

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 22

• i havnt watched open house, so can't comment on that

And about open endings from movies and books, it depends on what you watch

some have been executed perfectly. If u wanna know see one masterpiece, its name is Bahubali. Its primarily in some language from India but is available in English too

1|0
    0|0
    • I don’t think I’ll ever like open stories but thanks😂

• Show All
    • Nah I already know where to watch movies illegal thanks though haha

• Tell me about it... I just finished reading a book a few days ago and had a terrible ending... then I found there was a sequel to it..

1|0
    0|0
    • Was that one better?

• Still reading it, the first book was pretty good, the second is good to..
      I find that I can't stop reading the second one... so im thinking the second one is a bit better then the first.

• Yes I like it as one of suspense movies from India Talvar in which two view has been shown but it was not decided by police team that who has done murder and that was happened in reality

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the movie/book.. Sometimes it just makes sense, sometimes it's just like an unfinished product.

1|0
    0|0
    • Exactly, I feel like it’s always an unfinished product

• Show All
    • It is! The author is a rich bastard who's slacking off and not writing more though 😂

• Depends on the movie or book. If the movie or book are good, I have no problem with an open ending, it gives me hope that there will be more movies or books in the future continuing the story. At the same time if the movie or book is terrible and it has an open ending I don't see the point in it because I wouldn't be interested in watching or reading a sequel to it.

1|0
    0|0
  • My favorite movie is Inception, if that answers your question.

1|0
    0|0
  • It is a bit of a cop-out, unless they're gonna release a sequel. SPOILER ALERT!! The one that really annoys me is The Italian Job (the Michael Caine version).

Simples...

1|0
    0|0
  • It just means that a shitty movie will have an even shittier sequel.

1|0
    0|0
  • This allows for involvement because individuals can think up their own possible endings...
    If the plot is good, this gives plenty of freedom of space to think through forward... If the plot is bad, then the restrictive material won't work well and people will feel cheated that the only obvious ending or two should be spelt out...

On the flip side... Closed ending are just easier for people who doesn't want/can't be bothered to think more and wish for a neat and tidy ending handed to them...
    That's the reason children stories always ends with... And they lived happily ever after... Because children can't process thinking forward from the end of the story...

1|0
    0|0
  • If it's well done like Inception I like it. If they just didn't know how to finish the movie it's annoying.

1|0
    0|0
  • They are lame, trying to confuse everyine and not offend anyone

1|1
    0|0
  • Depends on 100% on the story and how the ending is presented.

0|0
    0|0
  • What is an open ending?

1|0
    0|0
  • What is an open ending?

1|0
    0|0
  • Was it, or open ending that sucked? Lol

1|0
    0|0
  • Have you read the book called "The Lost Jewels".

1|0
    0|0
  • Interesting

1|0
    0|0
  • Dislike them

1|0
    0|0
  • i dont know, never watched

1|0
    0|0
  • I hate them and I hate them even more in anime.

1|0
    0|0
  • No idea at all

1|0
    0|0
  • They're amazing

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• It has to be done right. Some are good and some are stupid. With everything being a sequel today you just don't know if they did it for a possible sequel, meant that way, or just lame ass writing.

1|0
    0|0
  • I honestly like them when the movie has enough to work off of

1|0
    0|0
  • They really suck...

1|0
    0|0
  • No, just no.

1|0
    0|0
  • I hate open endings...