How do entertainers cope with the hurtful comments people post about them online?

How do entertainers (in general) cope with all the horrible things people say about them online?
People are focusing too much on porn. This is entertainers in general, meaning actresses, models, musicians, adult film actors and anyone who puts themselves out there.

853

Most Helpful Guy

• A few years ago, there was an article written about me, based on my being involved in politics. It started with a fact, then the author made up stuff to concoct a lie. It makes me angry when people lie about me. I became more discreet in my activities after that.

Celebrities are a bit different. Their income is directly related to popularity, and it doesn't matter whether that comes from good or bad publicity. There have been some celebrities that started false, bad rumors about themselves just to boost their income.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think they just don't read it as much as one would think. Out of sight, out of mind. Nothing good comes out of reading mean comments anyway, it's not productive or helpful. So it's best to not read them at all.
    I know some are just so used to it that they don't even care anymore. They've gotten thick skin after years and years of random people hating them. They've probably come to the insight that no matter what they do, someone will always hate them, so it's best to just do whatever they want anyways rather than try to please everyone.
    I'm also guessing that some entertainers are really bad at coping, which might result in them ranting on twitter or some other outlet.