Coming out as a transgender or living lies but make lots of money.. which one is better?

I am transgender but I am not changing because I have some opportunity in entertainment biz. but I really want to come out. I feel so miserable. my opportunity is not going well either. should I lie or not? I have no opportunity if I come out.
  • coming out is better
  • pretend and make lots of money is better
  • result
    Vote C

43

Most Helpful Guy

• Just being transgender can lead you a staring role on television or some internet show nowadays. I'd just come out and admit it.

Most Helpful Girl

• I encourage you to live your best life and be your best self.

I will however caution that many trans people feel their problems really only started when they starting living as trans, and many have found it a very tough road to be on.

I don't say that to discourage really but to be realistic.

I have several good trans friends and it's been very hard for them, and a couple people wish they had just stayed a man by day and at work and stuff, and a woman in private life, no surgery.

BUUUUUT

The opposite is also true.

I guess all I can really say is, make your choice carefully and with as much reason, logic and information as you can.

We still live in a society that wants trans people to die more than we want them to just be happy, ok people having a decent life. That is how hung up we still are on gender, and how much gender based hatred and violence we still have.

I LOOOOOOVE being a woman, but it's not like it has always been easy either. (Not that anyone's life is ever actually easy.) But as a trans person, you may never actually reap the benefits of being female either, because people may never be able to see you as such.

But you'll always have people like me who will love you just as you are and let you self identify, and treat you with respect for it. There get to be more of us every day.