Opinion on EDM and Music Production as a whole?

I'm working and going to school for music production, but I'm seeing a lot of concerned faces from a ton of people for my career choice. I understand that it does revolve around how others view my music, but what is the general consensus about electronic music as a whole, so I know what to expect from others that may look down on it as a stupid dream of mine.

32

Most Helpful Girl

• It’s dangerous to fence yourself into a genre. Especially one that’s so fleeting

And like if you’re wanting to create music composition is usually reccomended over production

• Well, I'd be making the music as well as promoting it myself, so I'm already 100 percent in the composition process

• I would basically be making the music and promoting myself and my image as an artist, as well as making music for others and making sure everything gets done with the right tools.

• Yikes. Good luck bro

Most Helpful Guy

• I love edms but i just hate todays edms. Like i the subgenre for dance music would be hardstyle for me. Anyone making hardstyle or hardhouse songs are winners. But todays hatdstyle is wack.

• I can see where you're coming from, a lot of mainstream sounds the same, and the ones that stand out get overwhelmed by big mainstream companies/labels

• Hardstyle is special to me cause there kick bass was different, the way throw reverb bass, the way they pitch there kicks and all that. And your right lot of mainstream sounds the same. I had dig deep to find the good ones. But yeah go for it bro.