Old school or new school: What's your music style?

Old school or new school: What's your music style? I think everybody has their own music style and some like older music, some like the newer stuff but that style changes from when we are young to old. So, this is three questions in one.

First question: What is your current music style? Like what kind of music do you listen to the most?

Second question: What kind of music did you listen to growing up? And, how does that vary from what you listen to now?

Third question: What are you more inclined to listen to, older music, newer music or a mixture of both?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My answers to those questions are:

1) I love rock, both classic and alternative. However, I'm very open minded when it comes to the music I listen to so I also like Motown (as they called R&B/soul back in the day), big band, jazz, rap (the none offensive kind). The list is pretty long of what I like in music. Rock is my favorite though.

2) Growing up I listened to my parents vinyl records because they had and still have, a turntable. Most of those records are rock and some aren't but I was that weird kid listening to Queen and who's favorite song as a kid was Black is Black by Los Bravos and who knows pretty much all the words to Tears for Fears songs lol. I also liked stuff more geared towards my age group such as the Spice Girls and NYSNC , huge fan of both. My music choices haven't varied much I still like Queen but I also so love the Goo Goo Dolls , it's a mixed bag of music.

3) I'm more old school music 60's, 70's and definitely the 90's. I like music from the early 2000's as well because they produced some good bands but now I think most music sucks and sounds the same, that's just me though.

1330

Most Helpful Guys

• 1) Metal: thrash, heavy, whatever korn does. Classic and orchestral (though not a Strauß fan, weirdly enough). Some punk rock and hard Rock (Ärzte, Toten Hosen, AC/DC).

2) The exact same thing as above, minus Korn.

3) Depends on the genre. For metal and rock it's usually older music (as in not from this millennium and usually not from the preceeding decade, Doom Soundtrack aside). For classic it's old by definition and the orchestral music is old in general, though some like Radiarc make amazing music in the current day.

• Also, reading your answers: Interesting trivia about Die Ärzte is that they released every record on vinyl - and they're still doing so.

• That's cool, didn't know artist could still record with vinyl. So, that's a cool thing to know.

• Yeah, their most recent release was in 2012 and they made it available for download, CD, vinyl and each song was uploaded on YouTube. The artists are pretty cool guys. They also refuse to out DRM on their discs, saying that it would eventually be cracked anyway, so they'll just let everyone make a backup copy, or one for a friend to share.

• In general I like anything that can make me move a little bit. The more the better. EDM, elcrtronica and Techno, which I wouldn't really classify as music are in the lead in that department. Bing band music is a favorite of mine as well. I'm a lover of instrumentals I guess. As far as older stuff I grew up thinking almost everything my sister (4 years older) was the coolest thing in the world. We're talking about stuff like the old Gwen Stefani, bands like cake, and Goo Goo Dolls and yes, NSYNC as well. First CD I ever owned actually. She picked it out for me. The only type of music I really can't get behind is rap. Unless it's incredibly didactic. Eminems pairing with dido called Stan still makes me shiver.

Most Helpful Girl

• 1) Classic rock and protopunk. Some newer stuff though, mainly hip hop. Not a fan of much 80s, virtually only underground punk and new wave stuff. 90s was kind of trash to me. 2000s was fine, but from that era i'm only interested in Radiohead.
    2) A classic late 60s early 70s mixture. Hendrix, the Doors, Beatles etc. a lot was by my choice and really set the type of stuff i'd listen to later in life.
    3) Older, but that's only because I didn't really grow up with hip hop and electronic (which in my opinion is where the most innovation is going on). I'm gaining a much greater appreciation for modern music though, some of it is just ground breaking, iconic, youthful and creative.