Anyone ever read John Cheever?

Cheever chronicled the breakdown of society in the wealthy suburbs of the East Coast. The adultery, the drinking, the quiet little feuds. As a girl who grew up in a place like that (complete with adultery and drinking), I'm curious to see what Cheever has to say. What do you think of him?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• LOL there are more issues in the wealthy elite than the poor if you ask me. Always having to keep the status quo and image no matter what it does to the family.

Anyhow, I'm more curious as to what you have to say about your growing up life.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Your questions are too smart for me lmfao 😂😘

Good morning

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• Cheever had a lot of experience to draw from for his writings. There are lots of reports that he was a lonely alcoholic who lived to regret his obnoxious behavior at parties where drink, he ran naked and had many adulterous affairs. mischief that he immediately regretted. He was s closet bi-sexual with a small penis.

In defense, Cheever grew up with an alcoholic Father and Puritan Mother who molded him into what he was.. He wasn’t a much better Father himself.

0|0
    0|0
  • he's gay, there was a Seinfeld episode confirming it

srs

0|0
    0|0
  • I didn't

0|0
    1|0
  • Nope, never heard of it

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes