Anyone else wish that rock wasn't dead?

Show me your favorite rock song!

112

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I love anything by AC/DC, Journey, Poison, Metallica, etc

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

What Guys Said 11

• All of the good rock music has evolved into a more electronic or "alternative" territory, or into a more "metal" kind of sound. Or both...

"Rock" by itself, has really kind of stagnated... but there are still plenty of bands out there pushing the boundaries in different, more interesting directions.

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anQ836BXbYw

I think this is a really good example of a modern, sort of heavier "rock" sound that's pushing into newer territory. It's heavy but still fairly accessible, and catchy. But it's maybe a little progressive and "out there" for mainstream audiences yet.

• Love it, thank you for the videos!

• No problem! 😎👍

• It's not dead, but it is evolving or mutating constantly. The rock you grew up listening to probably isn't getting much of a look in at the moment. Pop preference has shifted. People still play it, for sure. Have you seen the Anvil documentary? Those guys are still trying to break through with their old school Metal since before Metallica. However, rock is constantly changing and whatever the current type of rock is seems to be popular mostly with younger people. People who grew up with Elvis see Elvis as the king, whereas some might feel Nirvana epitomised the genre. The beauty of music is that it is constantly evolving, and yet we still have access to music that's seen its day.
    Oh, and you wanted my favourite rock song. That's bloody hard but I'll give you a recent one for perspective and you can let me know what you think.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEzmn1cy744

• Awesome! Thanks for the video, I know it was hard for me to choose just one!

• It may be dead in terms of popularity but real music is alive and well you just have to know where to find it.

• Its not dead, the drive by truckers are here for example

• Whhich rock are you referring to? Alternative Rock is still going strong... but if you are talking glam-rock or 80's hairbands, yeah they're dead.

• Rock in general, I prefer modern, but don't mind any decade.

• Actually, it seems like there's a lot of musicicians or groups that are Canadian that I like, but being in America and only listening to a local radio station doesn't always showcase new stuff. I'm sorry the video won't play, it's Greta Van Fleet and the title is Safari Song. Thanks for the suggestions!

• Ok cool I will check them out! And YW, Let me know what you think after you give a listen 😊

• this style isn't my thing, it seems to be for teenage girls
    i wouldn't say i'm glad it's gone, but i definitely don't miss it

• Rock isn't dead... We have Metallica

• I wish

• l love rock the kind that you eat lol

• little pump- Gucci gang

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!