How do you feel about the music industry?

Music has hanged a lot over the years. Do you think music today is heading for the worst?
changed*

1154

Most Helpful Guy

• If u mean industry as in record labels and promotion etc then its changed big time in that lots of record companies still have old school mentality and still rip off vunerable artists. Music industry is a business and artists need to see that when signing a contract. Its why the lkes of Xfactor etc winners fall away fast or receive a "wage" from their label rather than a percentafe. Plus signing for a label is very restrictive for an artist. A label will always want artistic input to change what they dont like... plus artists usually get around 15% only as a percentage. Id recommend using social media to and not a lobel to promote yourself. Record albums yourself etc and licence the album to a label for promotion and distribution for a fee. That way the artist has total artistic control.. owns the publishing rights (if you set up a business) and the label "buys" it all from you for a peecentage but in return handle the "get it out there" end of things. Check out this interview with Gary Numan about it... https://youtu.be/t45OEw_05o0

• I agree with your x factor statement, I think the only winner (s) that are still popular now are Little Mix. And credit to them as they can all sing and perform very well live, and are up around 2am every morning to work work work :)

• I’ll give it a shot, and ps, secret love song is their song which they wrote regarding LGBT rights :)

• Oh really? Thats cool. I've a few gay bi n tg friends

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on what genre. But I find pop music to be utterly disgraceful and brainwashing. It is, in my opinion, no longer about the music, about the art, about the passion. Rather it has become another business. Just a way to earn profit. This is what Hollywood does to you. They make you into this idealistic nonsensical icon that rakes in millions. And for what? So people can wish to be you? Doesn't sound satisfying to me. They have fucked up the beauty of music. But, turn off the radio and find the artists and bands who still appreciate music and create the beauty it was always made to be.
    Lol sorry for the rant. This a subject I am very passionate about, and actually condensed dramatically.