Electric or acoustic guitar for a begginer?

Its necessary to play an acoustic guitar good before trying in the electrical one? I want to learn to play the guitar ( should i join
in "normal" guitar lessons or are there special lessons for electric guitar?) but i dont like the acoustic guitar it sounds boring to me and i dont want to waste the money of my parents in a guitar that i won't use after buying a electrical guitar.

15

Most Helpful Guy

• i made the mistake when i started of thinking i HAD to learn acoustic first.. dont waste time playing music you dont like. your 16 now but when you get older you will have to actually MAKE time for music and its not worth it on an instrument you dont like. Pick electric.

When starting guitar lessons, you are going to learn the basic fundamentals of guitar that apply to both electric and acoustic, including the 12 basic chords, barre chords, pentatonic scales, CAGED system and so on. things maybe be slightly different but for the beginning stages are similar. eventually that path will divide as you start to play to your favourite artists and styles. and you can always go back and learn acoustic later.

Most Helpful Girl