How much attention do you pay to a song's lyrics?

Do you ever pay attention to the words in a song? If so, how much? How often do they make or break a song for you?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• A lot, I can usually memorize lyrics within 5 times hearing it whereas my dad doesn't listen at all and never gets them right after like 100 times hearing it

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I always bring up the lyrics to songs I listen to on my laptop. Whether there's a story involved, if certain parts are hard to understand (I listen to a lot of metal so that can be a challenge when digging into death metal stuff) or just for the sake of knowing the lyrics, I always either look them up or copy and paste them to a notebook file and put it on the album's folder.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• A lot of attention. My favorite song is flightless bird, American mouth. I’m still trying to figure out the meaning behind it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lyrics are really important to me. If the lyrics are dumb, that is offputting even if the song otherwise is great.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lyrics are important in music for me. I pay attention.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not that much

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• I don't pay attention to the lyrics unless some chic dedicates it to me.
    Like one time, a chic sent me a link to a song "the heart wants what it wants", then I realised it has nice lyrics.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes i pay attention to the words in a sond. I listen all the lyrics carefully

0|0
    0|0
  • Not much

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes