Rick And Morty; What Makes This Show So Desirable? Elaborate, Please?

Rick And Morty; What Makes This Show So Desirable? Elaborate, Please.?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It's hilarious & doesn't give a fuck. They'll go to very dark places & aren't above stupid humor like the chicken nugget sauce joke, or a world full of people who are phones. I also like how they use the multiverse theory for jokes, & often use science fiction references in their plots like when the alien parasites were implanting memories into the main characters. It has it's flaws, I think it's gotten worse over time, but I still love the show & even have some Rick & Morty shirts.

1|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Its funny, has some interesting points and plots

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 29

• nihilistic reinforcement, creative jokes, social commentary, and a regrettable aspect of the fandom is people who feel smart are gods among men and can act like complete jackasses (real rick morty fans don't say that stupid fucking meme about IQ and think they are special little snowflakes because they are smart)

1|0
    1|0
    • Seriously, preach. Those people are annoying the fuck out of me.

• hopefully it doesn't discourage anyone from pursuing the show, it would suck if this became a Steven universe situation

• Not to sound like one of these memey fan boys but the show really does have some complex humor to it. There are a lot of subtle things that are absolutely hilarious. And no, you do not need a masters in physics to understand it. Second, its dark humor. Third, despite rick being the biggest dick in every universe, you can really feel empathy for him and like him.

1|0
    0|0
  • Its just an entertaining show. It has some interesting plots, the characters are funny, its wacky, weird and bizarre but in a way that still makes sense. For the record (to other people in the comments section) only a tiny percentage of Rick and Morty fans believe you have to be insanely intelligent to watch it. I'm a huge fan and im happy to say that my intelligence is average at best.

1|0
    0|0
    • That % part was a huge relief for for me. Thought most Rick & Morty fans were shitty maybe after reading that opinion & many more before saying u need to be really smart to understand

• It has a humor that usually is use behind closed doors with friends

3|2
    0|0
  • Asker, do u like this show? Or u don't? And why? Just curious.

1|0
    0|0
    • I adore this show actually, it's literally one of my favorite shows ever. And it's because I love the idea of it. The humor whether it be dark or light. The character developments and progress as a family. The pain in there, and the happiness. That sense of humanity really, and dealing with various things life hits you with as best you can. The scientific part to it and the deeply thought out concepts. The show is a masterpiece. However, I wanted to know why people liked it because I'm noticing a lot of them like it more because it makes them feel smart or something dumb like that. I think they miss the purpose of the show. It's for everybody you don't have to be of a certain intelligence to watch it. Appreciating the work of the show itself I'd what I feel really makes it.

• Show All
    • I don't like people who make it this big thing and clan type shit. I like those who can just enjoy the show and the work put into it without all the ego stuff added. It's a show you can vibe to and think about deeply but still feel humor from.

• πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† yeah haha

• It's just funny. And since I'm a man of science, I like all the space exploration and all that. Honestly one of the only series I enjoy nowadays, mainly because I don't watch much tv.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's funny and we all enjoy the action and insanity that is Rick.

1|0
    0|0
  • Ok so I have really gotten into rick and morty 2 times in the past couple years first was 2016 when me and my friends decided that it was our drunk show so we got hammered and it was funny but I didn't really have to think about it which was good cause I was hammered. The second time was the last 3 months when I was on deployment and there are only so many tv shows floating around the ship to watch when you have nothing to do so my buddy sent it to me and I watched it cause I was bored as fuck and it provided a brief break from the monotony of being trapped in the middle of the ocean.

1|0
    0|0
  • Because the fans think they'll be smarter by watching Rick and Morty. I only watched one episode, it's rather funny than interesting.

1|0
    0|1
  • It's funny. That's all. Don't need to think. Just watch and laugh. In this rotten world, we all need to laugh.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's just something so weird and funny that really can just take your mind off of anything

1|0
    0|0
  • The mix of family guy like humour and breaking bad like science and nutty ideas

1|0
    0|0
  • Smart witty jokes, scifi/science/pop culture references

1|0
    0|0
  • It's funny and sometimes mixes smart stuff with that. It's fun.

1|0
    0|0
  • That you need 200 IQ to watch the show.
    Only the creme de la creme of mankind can understand a Rick and Morty joke. Lets have a look at a few of the intellectual beings, embracing this show and letting us learn a little of their wisdom:
    https://youtu.be/E0zEEJfZ5oghttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OG5OpZ4a7bAhttps://youtu.be/xAF9QrJ1z98

0|1
    0|1
  • I'm very very intelligent and this show flirts, provokes and makes love to my great intellectual capacity.

0|0
    0|0
  • Something something IQ of 200 to understand the intracacies of this masterpiece etc... Rick and Morty tattoo... only for the ladies... yada yada yada.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not politically correct. It is a throw back to a better time in that way

0|1
    0|0
  • It increases my intelligence

1|1
    0|0
  • The humor is clever and original. I love the show

1|1
    0|0
  • Its just the humor its not for everyone.

1|1
    0|0
  • It pushes the boundaries

1|1
    0|0
  • It's just hilarious it just somehow drags you in

1|0
    0|0
  • it's ok.

1|0
    0|0
  • Humor

1|0
    0|0
  • If you've ever watched it you'd know...

0|0
    0|0
    • If you read the comments you'd know... I have. I'm a huge fan actually, still has nothing to do with my question as I'm asking YOUR reasons for liking it or not. Does that clarify things more for you?

• Asker stop getting so angry holy crap i can feel the rage all the way over here damnb

• Optimistic Nihilism and dark humor πŸ™ŒπŸΌ

0|0
    0|0
  • It's a good show

0|0
    0|0
  • The you don’t matter you’re feeling hold you back and you need to prove yourself to be smart

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick and Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existencial catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. πŸ˜‚ And yes by the way, I DO have a Rick and Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it.

1|1
    0|0
    • It's sad you think only people with a certain IQ level can understand Rick and Morty and appreciate it. And just because someone doesn't like Rick And Morty doesn't mean they're idiots. You're allowed to have preference. My step dad is looked upon as a so called genius as he graduated high school extremely early from testing out most of his classes young. He learned everything about computers and tech by himself without going to college and his talents in that area are so rare that I know the company he decided to work for while he did side things found him so valuable they fired half their members and he does all their jobs with ease and gets paid more than some of the people who basically own the company. And yet he dislikes the show. And his IQ is extremely high. Not every Rick and Morty fan are extremely smart too. Some are fucking idiots and use it as ego boosts and weird superiority things instead of just enjoying the masterpiece.

• Show All
    • Do you even meme?

• No lol I don't, I don't get on social medias, I don't really meme , and etc. I'm too busy to, and during my free time I watch shows or I'm still working. So I mean it's not something I'd get since I generally don't pay attention to most of things people partake in unless it's movie or show related.

• Its dark humor which really compels you to think about life and its meaning. Its a very carefully crafted show and each episode just kind of throws the deepest and darkest truth of life in our face in a subtle way.

1|0
    0|0
    • I know, I enjoy that part quite a bit as well.

• Its fucking funny

1|0
    0|0
  • The philosophy.

1|0
    0|0
  • Armstrong and Miller

0|0
    0|0
  • The people who like this show like to think that they’re the smartest people and only they will understand the humor. They like to feel superior. That’s not the case at all, it’s just that you’re an arrogant asshole.

3|2
    1|4
    • Gross generalisation but ok... its only a tiny percentage of Rick and Morty fans who behave this way. Thats like saying all BLM memebers are criminals or all feminists hate men or all Muslims are extremist terrorists.

• Show All
    • Exactly!

Recommended myTakes