Is going to prom really worth it?

So my experience at my high school has been pretty so-so. My grades were mediocre, and I only really have like a few friends. Now that prom is coming up, I'm deciding if I should go. There's really not that many girls that I would consider taking. I do have one close girl best friend, but I don't know for sure. I know a decent amount of people who are going, but my "best" friends are still undecided like me. One of my concerns is having to third wheel if any of my friends bring a date. But anyways, I'm still deciding if prom is really worth it anyways. My sister wasn't able to go to hers, but she didn't really care about it anyways. She said it's all just a popularity thing. Tbh I kinda agree, but that doesn't mean I can't have fun myself. Still, I don't even know if I'll have fun to begin with. I went to my homecoming dance as a sophomore, and it was kinda fun, but I wouldn't say it was THAT fun. If prom is just like it then I don't know if I'll go. What do you guys think?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know.
    I was cyber schooled and didn't get to go to prom. I regret all of the high school things I didn't get to experience (like prom).
    I always dreamed of the dress and envied all my friends that got to go. Maybe if I had been in an actual high school, I would have felt differently. Although my friend did go to a regular high school, didn't go to prom, and we were recently talking about how she regretted it.

In the end, it's up to you.
    If you have a group of friends that want to go, you should go and have a good time. If you're not feeling it and you don't have anyone to go with, don't go.
    Maybe you guys could get together and do something else fun. Make the night memorable and celebrate the end of high school another way. Then you'll always remember prom night because you ditched prom lol.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• I didn't go to mine and I don't feel like my life was negatively affected by that. I can honestly say that I never felt "Oh I really regret not going to it." As you get older and have other experiences, the importance of it will fade. It is kind of a once in a lifetime opportunity though so you don't get another chance at it.

My feeling is that if you really don't care now, I'm guessing you probably won't really care later either, but if you have a nagging feeling that you really want to go, then maybe you should so you don't regret not going later.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 5

• I think so. I had mime 2 weeks ago and it was great. It honestly depends on who you go with. You need to be able to have fun with them (or even by yourself) so you don't regret going in the future. And it'll be even better if your a senior, don't pass on it!

0|0
    0|0
  • I went with friends and had a better time than most people who went with dates who were fighting before the night was over.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, I never went to any

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes go

0|0
    0|0
  • I went to my brother’s prom and it was a lot of fun, but I didn’t go to mine because I didn’t know anyone at my new school... I kinda regret it but I also don’t because if I had gotten hurt or something happened (it was in a scetchy part of Petersburg) no one would have cared... so, your call.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• Didn't go to mine, couldn't have given less of a fuck and still couldn't have given less of a fuck. It's a giant dick measuring party for jerks so why bother going? Save yourself a bit of money. Never understood the point of them anyway

0|1
    0|0
  • If you don't go, you might regret it. You'll spend the rest of your days always wondering what it would've been like if you had gone.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well it's a thing you only get to do once, so you should try to make it.

0|0
    0|0
  • i never went and everyone else told me it was pretty lame

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes