Do you like death metal (fck yea metalheads)?

18

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I like metal for the melodic aspects of it. Straight up death metal often time feels almost... I don't know... overcomplicated to the point of muddiness for me. The dynamic range often feels limited, and yeah— it may be “brutal,” but it’s not something I find pleasing to listen to. I’ll listen to live. Heck, I’e even played gigs where other bands were death metal bands. Just not for me though.

I tend to listen more so to prog metal (i. e. Periphery), melodic hardcore (i. e. Napoleon), and similar sort of genres. I like some metalcore— when there is something interesting going on in the song. The closest band to death metal that I like is probably Children of Bodom.

I’m not opposed to listening to death metal. I just haven’t found a band I really enjoy yet.