Why do you think that people have reserved such a peculiar hatred of country music?

And techno, for that matter. Not saying I'm a fan of either, but I do notice a lot of active hatred against both.

31

Most Helpful Girl

• Good country is associated with rednecks, specifically old rednecks. People don't want to be connected to that. New country is just flat out shit. I get it but at the same time I wouldn't ride it off. I like Nashville Skyline as much as the next person.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not a "country boy" so it doesn't appeal to me... Whatever it's talking about, I don't really identify with it. Plus it all sounds about the same and the singers voices just sound so forced...

"Country" for the sake of Country. It's a pretty stagnant genre in my opinion... Same tones, same chords, same instruments, same "voices..." Not hating, it's just the way I personally view it.