Do you agree with me or my fiancé?

Me: I'm a feminist. I believe that we need to do something about men getting paid more than women for the same jobs

My fiancé: feminism is to women's rights as the KKK is to Christianity. Also, those statistics of job pay are skewed because they don't consider that women are the primary caregivers in the household so they work less overtime and are available less during the weekend and throughout the year so they will end up being less valuable to the company and may not get paid as much and will be less likely to be promoted. Not saying anything wrong with that but women are more involved in their kids lives and in house life so that will cause These pays stats
  • I completely agree with your fiancé
  • I somewhat agree with your fiancé
  • I complete agree with you
    Vote C

412

Most Helpful Guy

• Most people these days think ‘feminism’ just means radical ‘men should serve women’ stuff. I agree with feminism that is about both genders having equal opportunities/rights. The most radical people tend to be the loudest tho.

From my POV it i usually a business negotiation problem. Your employer is not your friend but is looking to use you to maximize profit. If you are naive/trusting/passive enough not to look out for yourself you will get screwed over eventually. Tons of women don’t seem to get this.

Men who don’t get it lose out too. Like we could split men into the ‘gets it’ & ‘not’ group & I bet the ‘not’ group is making the same as the average woman.

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree with your fiancé, except the first sentence. The pay gap is a hoax.