Do you agree with me or my fiancé?

Me: I'm a feminist. I believe that we need to do something about men getting paid more than women for the same jobs

My fiancé: feminism is to women's rights as the KKK is to Christianity. Also, those statistics of job pay are skewed because they don't consider that women are the primary caregivers in the household so they work less overtime and are available less during the weekend and throughout the year so they will end up being less valuable to the company and may not get paid as much and will be less likely to be promoted. Not saying anything wrong with that but women are more involved in their kids lives and in house life so that will cause These pays stats
  • I completely agree with your fiancé
    Vote A
  • I somewhat agree with your fiancé
    Vote B
  • I complete agree with you
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Most people these days think ‘feminism’ just means radical ‘men should serve women’ stuff. I agree with feminism that is about both genders having equal opportunities/rights. The most radical people tend to be the loudest tho.

From my POV it i usually a business negotiation problem. Your employer is not your friend but is looking to use you to maximize profit. If you are naive/trusting/passive enough not to look out for yourself you will get screwed over eventually. Tons of women don’t seem to get this.

Men who don’t get it lose out too. Like we could split men into the ‘gets it’ & ‘not’ group & I bet the ‘not’ group is making the same as the average woman.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree with your fiancé, except the first sentence. The pay gap is a hoax.

0|7
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 11

• The "Gender pay gap" is an extreme over simplification of many different variables and factors. Is there some bias against women in some rare cases? Yes.

Is it nearly as rampant or extreme as feminists point out? No. Reality is two people of different genders performing exactly the same job will almost always be paid the same. When you take into account the myriad of different factors the gap increases, but it's not due to gender.

0|4
    0|0
  • The problem isn't feminism itself, it's radical feminism.
    By that I mean the people who say all men are pigs and blame as much as they can on them.
    They're the minority, but they're a vocal minority.

2|1
    0|0
  • I agree with both but what are you going to do? Walking around like a lot of feminists for attention with a cunt hat?

0|0
    0|0
  • What neither of you are discussing is the fact that the "pay gap" is largely due to the job choices. Many women take jobs in lowering paying positions because the fields that interest them are simply lower paying.

As to your boyfriend's arguments about OT and women being the primary caregiver, he may be somewhat correct about that, but that won't apply to salaried jobs.

That said, I voted "I completely agree with you", but I don't completely agree with any of you...
    I do believe that there is SOME pay discrimination based on sex, but, also, much of the gap manifests itself in choices of jobs and lifestyle.

The real question is to determine how the "pay gap" is explicitly calculated and then to take action from there.

0|0
    0|0
    • Oh, by the way, you wrote:

"Me: I'm a feminist. I believe that we need to do something about men getting paid more than women for the same jobs"

I am a feminist too and I do agree that ___FOR THE SAME JOBS AND EXPERIENCE AND OTHER FACTORS___ the pay should be equal.

• Good lord, I was going to say he was a smart guy, but the the fiance bit truly caught my attention.

0|1
    0|0
  • Other than that first sentence your fiancee is right.

0|0
    0|0
  • Both sides have very good sound, but mostly with you.

0|0
    0|0
  • I agree with the facts, which your fiancé also agrees with. Google it, it's free to everyone.

0|1
    0|0
  • You're fortunate your fiance is the smart one in the relationship.

0|1
    0|0
  • I totally agree with you

0|0
    0|0
  • WOMEN DON'T GET PAID LESS FOR THE SAME JOB. That is a COMPLETE fucking myth. Educate yourself for fuck sake.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• I agree with your fiancé. The pay gap is a myth. In fact I have a better chance at getting into computer jobs as a woman because they have less woman in the jobs. Which is ridiculous, the more qualified, motivated person should always get the job

0|1
    0|0
  • Oh god, here we go.

0|0
    0|1
  • Dump him
    Only marry a feminist

0|0
    0|1

Recommended myTakes