"gamer girl" I get why it's so attractive to some guys but I feel gaming is genderless?

I've been seeing so many "oh look at me I'm a gamer girl Hmu" things on like whisper.

I'm an kinda an old school gamer! I never cared about making sure I was tagged as any thing other than gamer my sex had nothing to do with it.

I get why its good to share a passion with someone but is it really so much better because I'm a chick or because I understand the world you live in?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Gaming is tenderness, but you have people who make a big deal about chicks being into it and others where you just flow into. It's not just a world guys live in, just one where it seems to many people that it's overall just guys, but it's not.

by the way I can't stand any girl gamer who had to brag about being a "Girl gamer". You're a chick playing a game, not an endangered species.

2|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 11

• I think it’s because as you said, girls are traditionally not into video games. So being a girl (something guys like) and into video games (something guys like) is a win-win.

The meme is that guys play games at the expense of spending time with their girls, and you’d be someone they could play games with. Getting the best of both worlds

2|0
    0|0
  • I think it's because some guys have videogames as their major hobby in something they may spend hours daily (Semi-guilty), so knowing you could have someone to share this taste since most people deny it, it's kinda cool I guess, I don't know I really don't care about gender when I play, I just care that they're good at the game or at the very least funny in a group call or something.

2|0
    0|0
  • My thing about liking girls that play video games has nothing to do with them being girls. I find it easier to make connections with people that have similar interests to me, and gaming is definitely one of my biggest passions.

1|0
    0|0
  • When i see a girl calling herself a "gamer girl" i usually think it's for attention seeking, i believe the word gamer includes both, some of my female friends like videogames and don't use this expression

1|0
    0|0
  • Look. There’s a difference between being a gamer girl and a girl who plays vidya. Gamer girls are in it to attract guys. Girls who play vidya are in it to play some damn games. Your sex doesn’t matter until you make it matter.

Also this is probably driven also by a severe lack of girls who play vidya, so thirsty bois jump at the chance of getting a girl who can play games too.

1|0
    0|0
  • TL:DR at the bottom: Hearing a female voice after a while is quite refreshing in the gaming community. It's mostly a sausage fest so you can kind of understand why guys get so thirsty. Women aren't really seen often playing video games even though we KNOW there are a good number that play them. And more times than not, other women consider gaming as childish and immature so it's rather offputting to deal with those types of close minded people that look down upon a form of ageless entertainment.
    Etc etc.

Gaming is genderless but it's mostly a community full of males. Thats it in a nutshell.

2|1
    0|0
  • Both. Your a girl we can share a hobby we are passionate about. I spend about 2-4 hours/ day gaming.

1|0
    0|0
  • We only focus on it because there aren't a lot of you out there. So when we meet one we immediately have this feeling of "wow a celebrity".

0|0
    0|0
    • I just feel like it isn't as rare at it seems almost 40% of gamers are female

• Is that true? I'm unaware of whether that is true or not, I don't think it is. Regardless, that is the culture. It's not inherently sexist, if anything it's admiration.

• It is. Gamer girls are great. They are the only women that I can get along with.

0|0
    0|0
    • Why is that though do you just find other chicks don't meet the same standards or?

• I think its the kind of Brain changes that occur from gaming...

• For me: its a meme.
    And i Like my memes.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it’s because it’s a girl that shares the same interests. Sometimes the girl will want to change a guy that plays games because they see it as something a child would do even if that’s what they enjoy and is a break from the real world. It’s something a girl gamer can share with the guy and do fun things together that they both get excited about in regards to gaming. That’s what I believe anyway.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Try to be a gamer girl who loves sports... its so weird the reaction I get from guys.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes