Vote G
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• can't choose lol.
    There are good songs in every decade.
    Music in the past was great.
    But Can't say its dead now.. it still is.

0|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Easy the seventies had the best music. Every genre was full of greatness. FUNK ROCK southern British disco punk.

0|1
    0|0
  • As a musician, 70s comes first for me, 80s probably comes second but the 70s and late 60s had some amazing music :)

0|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 29

• 1980s. Today’s music is shitty af. Especially the rappers who think sex, money and women are interesting things to make music of.

3|3
    0|0
  • Music now is pretty trash, but I love 80s and 90s songs

4|5
    1|0
    • Amen to that

• Show All
    • little Pump will save music

• @Pamina: Props to you for knowing how to search for music. Like a good German! ;D Many peeps only know about mainstream music, while in fact the WWW is full of great songs for many sorts of tastes.

• Hard to say. But I feel more drawn to contemporary music, especially because there's not only far more variety but also generally more music out there to discover. I'll pick the 2000s because the current decade isn't even finished yet.

0|2
    0|1
  • Definitely the 80s!! I was born in 1999 but I always listen to 80s or 90s music. It’s awesome and today’s music sucks. Auto-tune is taking over and we keep making stupid people famous.

1|2
    0|0
  • 80s! And I’d say now as well. Don’t even @ me on that haha. The early 2000s were nice as well! Makes me feel nostalgic listening back.

0|1
    0|1
  • 90's and early 00's, definitely. I can also appreciate 70s and 80s and can even get down to 50s and 60s. I don't even bother trying with the radio anymore now though, like current music sucks.

1|1
    0|0
  • The 80s, followed by the 70s. I wasn't born yet but I think it was a great decade for music with a lot of variety. I think a lot them have stood the test of time also.

0|1
    0|0
  • By far the 19th century. That shit fucks me up. Once Liszt starts playing the crowd goes nuts.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't know but "now" we have access to music from any decades 😁

0|1
    0|0
  • The 90’s and the 00’s. Music now is fucking terrible.

0|1
    0|0
  • Definitely the 80’s. George Michael, Micheal Jackson etc

0|0
    0|0
  • I was born in 1998 . music was much better then is today.

0|0
    0|0
  • 80s and 90s

1|1
    0|0
  • The 2000's RnB songs are the best!

0|1
    0|0
  • 70s and some 90s

0|1
    0|0
  • 2000s for sure!

1|1
    0|1
  • Definitely 80's. Also 2000's in my opinion

0|1
    0|0
  • 80s and early 90s

0|1
    0|0
  • Nooowww

0|1
    1|1
  • Born in 93 and love 80's and 70's was badass too.

0|2
    0|0
  • 1990's

1|0
    0|0
  • 60's.
    But the 70's were also very nice. =)

0|0
    0|1
  • 1980's without a doubt.

0|0
    0|0
  • I love the 80's for sure.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lovedddddd my childhood music 😂

0|0
    0|0
  • 50's and 80's

0|0
    0|0
  • Now.

0|0
    0|0
  • Everyone probably picked the decade of their youth

0|2
    0|0
  • Whoever tf voted "now" probably has 2 last brain cells dancing to drake.

3|3
    2|1
    • Or they know how to look beyond shitty mainstream music that makes up maybe 1% of all music out there...

• No I highly doubt that.

What Guys Said 52

• They all had the best music! In every one of those decades new genres were being created, new instruments, new qualities of reproduction and performance technology. Music is beautiful in that regard. I don't think the same thing could be said of painting, sculpture, even photography. Motion pictures, and architecture could have a decent argument they've done as well, but music is king!

0|2
    0|0
  • It depends on what kind of music you are talking about. Rock and rap were better in the 80's (metallica - nwa - pink floyd - 2pac - beetles)
    Pop was better in early 2000's.
    The best orchestral and classical music was created in the romance age (mind 1800's) in my opinion.
    Overall i think 80's make more sense considering the options here.

0|0
    0|0
  • Can I say all generations had terrible music? I know most of now is quite terrible. I have no experience with music before the 2000s. So I googled to find out the songs that were considered great in the 80's and 90's. After listening to a few I have a headache right now. All of them were terrible.

0|0
    0|0
  • I love listening to Anaconda by the award winning and talented singer-song writer, composer, musician and vocal talent Nicki Minaj while writing Rick and Morty Fanfiction. How am I so cultured you might ask? I unlike some people here have a strict diet of healthy food like tide pods and high fructose corn syrup.

0|0
    0|1
  • The late 60s and most of the 70s were fucking undisputibly awesome! The British invasion! Every single band I loved back then were ALL British! The 80s was too plastic for me. All the keyboard and fake drums and one hit wonders. There were some good songs, don't get me wrong, but not a decade I remember liking much.

0|0
    0|0
  • To be honest, I have no attachments to any particular decade when it comes to appreciating music. All I care about is the artistic insight of the particular musician expressed in the specific piece of music. Musicians have been composing great pieces since the classical period and they still continue to do so to this day.

The art of music is very alive, and I'm ready to appreciate a good song, no matter if it was made in 1875...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vntAKXIuRUI
    ... Or it's a crazy mixture of a video game song from the 80s-90s and a house piece from the 2000s-2010s:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_apb7EcsWgc

0|1
    0|0
  • Now, caused from the simple reason that today are more genres available than ever before, and since about 10 years the genres are mixing which produces new genres... and close to all old musicgenres are again modern too today

0|1
    0|0
  • I think 60s - 90s was good music. Everything is gone to crap now.

0|4
    0|0
  • 60s and 70s honestly. Even though I listen to late 80s, early 90s more. Music today is like 80% crap.

0|1
    0|0
    • No doubt it is crap but somehow catchy. Fave song in head today. just right now no desert isle stuck with it just momentarily

• The 1990's are the best choice for what you have provided, followed by the 1980's. Thrash metal never got any better.

0|0
    0|0
  • It has to be the 80s. If you look back at charts from the era you realise that week after week there were massive all time hits in the chart - not just one or two but literally massive songs that never made it to number 1, sometimes never even into the top 5. Now you would be lucky if more than 1 or 2 songs in the charts will be remembered in ten years by anyone. That's not to say there isn't good music made any more, the best is still excellent but there is a lot less of it and the industry is so fragmented that there isn't the volume of broad appeal music being made that there was.

0|0
    0|0
  • The 1980s had the best. People put emotion and feelings into the music! Now, the lyrics are hard to understand and there are no feelings and emotion in today's music.

0|0
    0|0
  • 60s for rock, 70s for prog rock, 80s for pop, 90s for metal. Just my opinion :)

1|2
    0|0
  • the 1970s without a doubt. My favorite SINGLE band was most prominent in 2000s but most of my favorite songs come exclusively from the 70s

0|1
    0|0
  • For me it's the 50s and 60s. Rockabilly and doo wop were so great

0|1
    0|0
  • I love the 80s. The music was fun the lyrics were light. Just good times.

0|1
    0|0
    • What's ur favorite 80s song right now just for this minute

• Show All
    • 80s song it's tough but Wall Of Voodoo Mexican Radio.

• It's goofy and historic

• Late 80s and the whole of the 90s music these days is just too similar
    I'm more into the house and beach anthems and the 90s had the best as did the late 80s..

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd go with the 2000's. I'm an industrial metal buff and it had all of it. Ministry, Godflesh, KMFDM, Rammstein, Rob Zombie, Genitorturers, Fear Factory, Static-X, etc.

0|0
    0|1
  • I love listening to music from the 1990's. The 90's New Jack Swing era is definitely one of the most memorable eras in music. The music was just so infectious!!

0|0
    0|0
  • Have to say the 80s. I'm not an 80s kid but I most certainly love a lot of music from that decade.

0|0
    0|0
  • 80s and 90s in my country... Music was awesome but films were crappy, now both are crappy.

0|1
    0|0
  • Now is every moment in the present. Whether yesterday or a minute ago. Love music it calms the beast within all of us.

0|0
    0|0
  • Most of the 80's, more than half of the 90's, the beginning of the 2000's and the end of the 70's.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don’t really do much between the 60s-80s. Chords were not as complex and sound was at the best quality. They also sound the same, and aren’t really relevant... to they have a lot better quality, music has brunched out and has become artist. Lyrics have become more complex.. I like dissecting the meaning behind more artistically put metaphors... you have distinct genres, and then crossovers where people actually work with each to create a unique sound for the a larger audience... yeah so many more reason why late 90s-now is so much better!

0|0
    0|0
  • Now. Music has gotten extremely creative and I love it.

0|1
    0|1
  • I'd say 70's but at the same time most of my favourite music is from this decade.

0|0
    0|0
  • Completely subjective. No right answer, just pick your fav.

0|1
    0|0
    • Oh come on. In the immortal words of Geddy Lee" if you choose not to decide you still have made a choice"

• I'm not saying don't choose sweetie. I'm saying what you choose is your opinion and not fact of greatness.

• People voted for the 90s? 90s music is trash haha electro pop

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

Recommended myTakes