Can I improve my singing voice or am I lost cause?

I have always been super insecure about my voice because I feel like I sound like a twelve year old boy. Is there any way I can improve? I really would like to sing decently but some people say that you have to be born with a good voice to do so. Any tips?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dqdv66lMS5fkHGF_MNqnWF20Ug8dxUiD

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• 3 things:
    1. Your voice has no power. Try singing from your chest, instead of the roof of your mouth. Take deep breaths, and try to begin forming vocal sounds in the back of your throat, and then using your mouth, tongue, and nasal cavity to finish the sound.

2. Because you are forming your words in your nasal cavity, your range is being limited. Try to do vocal warm up exercises before singing, so that you avoid straining your voice.

3. Drink a LOT of water. This will help keeping everything lubricated and clean in your voice box.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • On a scale of 1-10 how sucky am I?

• 1 being the suckiest? Probably like a 4 or 5. There's hope for you, lol. Just make sure you work on supporting your vocal notes with strong breathing. Pay attention to the way this guy sounds in the first few seconds of this song, and then listen to the way the rest of the harmonizing singers sound. As pretty as this song is, some of these singers don't always support their voices properly. When you compare this song, to the one you just recorded; you'll see what I mean https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRP8d7hhpoQ

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 12

• The voice isn't bad, the singing needs work. That said no, your not just born with it (some people do have innate talent but they still have to put in a lot of work to make it sound as good as proffesionals). You can go to vocal coaches which can help train your voice (lots of voice actors and singers do this. Your vocal folds (technically they are not cords) are muscles and as such they can be strengthened and you can learn how to control the contractions better and longer to get the notes you want. For example Seth McFarland (family guy) see's his vocal coach almost every day, he is constantly training it which is why he is able to create so many voices (stewie, Peter, Brian and others).). So I would look into vocal coaches if you want to get better, I think the real cause of having a good singing voice is practice (according to scientist, you need to have deliberate practice (each time you go you actively try to get better then the last) over the course of years, this is what sets people who are great apart from those who are good. Michael Jordan is a good example of this, he was kicked off his highschool basketball team, but he trained hard and always pushed himself until he became the best basketball player ever. Practice will always be better then raw talent).

1|0
    0|0
  • Okay you can dedintly improve i do here some great poteinal in your voice but i know some in who could really give you the advice better than i could so i highly HIGLY recommnwd you watch this video here's the link
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CE7PP4iPJW0

1|0
    0|0
  • First of all show those "people" middle finger on my behalf
    Then tell them anyone can sing if they practice with proper guidance at least most people can
    So just believe in yourself and work on it
    Your voice is alright
    There's lack of rhythm though but you can practice then you'll get better for sure
    And don't trap your voice
    Sing from the inside
    As they say "sing your heart out" 🤘
    Got it?

1|0
    0|0
  • Some others have said this but use your throat/lungs more. It's like you're talking but to a beat. You can yell, but instead of using that for volume, try to change pitch more.

1|0
    0|0
  • People have their own unique and natural voice. There are tequneques that will help with tone but you just need to find music that most styleisticly fits your voice

0|0
    0|0
  • Find a decent vocal coach and let them train you. It's not easy, though.

0|1
    0|0
  • You can definitely improve your singing voice. If you have a keyboard, piano, guitar, etc you can play a single note then try to match that pitch.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why don't you go take singing lessons or hire a singing coach?

If you don't have money you can always join a choir.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure it can get better with use

1|0
    0|0
  • Practise, practise, practise

1|0
    0|0
  • Believe ion ur self

1|0
    0|0
    • No offense but u are not a singer the other side your sounds beautiful and ofcourse it will change

• Find a coach

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

Recommended myTakes