Can I improve my singing voice or am I lost cause?

I have always been super insecure about my voice because I feel like I sound like a twelve year old boy. Is there any way I can improve? I really would like to sing decently but some people say that you have to be born with a good voice to do so. Any tips?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dqdv66lMS5fkHGF_MNqnWF20Ug8dxUiD

213

Most Helpful Guy

• 3 things:
    1. Your voice has no power. Try singing from your chest, instead of the roof of your mouth. Take deep breaths, and try to begin forming vocal sounds in the back of your throat, and then using your mouth, tongue, and nasal cavity to finish the sound.

2. Because you are forming your words in your nasal cavity, your range is being limited. Try to do vocal warm up exercises before singing, so that you avoid straining your voice.

3. Drink a LOT of water. This will help keeping everything lubricated and clean in your voice box.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • On a scale of 1-10 how sucky am I?

• 1 being the suckiest? Probably like a 4 or 5. There's hope for you, lol. Just make sure you work on supporting your vocal notes with strong breathing. Pay attention to the way this guy sounds in the first few seconds of this song, and then listen to the way the rest of the harmonizing singers sound. As pretty as this song is, some of these singers don't always support their voices properly. When you compare this song, to the one you just recorded; you'll see what I mean https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRP8d7hhpoQ

Most Helpful Girl