Why are some people so bothered by off key harmonizing?

Also lots of famous songs are horrendously off key (but sound great) AND when you play them in key and properly harmonized they sound like siht.

Van Halen - ain't talk bout love (play this at a perfect 440 A and it sounds a lot of punch)
Radiohead - basically all of OK computer
RHCP - almost all of Blood Sex Sugar Magick
Nirvana - EVERYTHING. In bloom loses all its power played properly

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

What Guys Said 3

• When someone sings off is when it is annoying, not when the whole song is off key.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its singing off key that bothers me. It never sounds good.

0|0
    0|0
  • The wobbling effect of sound when a note is played in tangent with another note a halfstep up is rather irritating, but I can't really give an opinion on rock music.

0|0
    0|0
    • "wobbling effect of sound when a note is played in tangent with another note a halfstep up" - a lot of dark classical does this for mood

• Show All
    • Realization that every big change in my life has been having to react to the news of other people's lives changing, that so far all I've done is make sacrifices for other and get beat up by it at every turn, told that I should think of others and do the right thing when that's exactly what keeps cutting away at a gradually smaller amount of what's mine. Putting your life on hold in order to be there for someone else, and after they pass having only the fact that you made what time they had more enjoyable, looking at the fact that now I'm in my twenties and have zero friends at all and never had a relationship because I always put that friend ahead of anything. I'm just tired of doing the right thing and life continuing to hit my at every given opportunity.

• Damn bro... live yourself for one. To hell with everyone. Are you referring to romantic partners? Friends? Family?

Recommended myTakes