Rockers, metalheads, name a song (or songs) that you can't stand but are from a favorite band?

i'll name a few. From metallica (besides most songs from St. Anger) there's Escape. When I first bought the Ride The Lightning album i heard this song and at first it was cool but then for some reason became a turn off once it got to "Life's for my own, to live my own way" everything sounded weird to me. I've heard that even Cliff Burton himself didn't really like this one.

And there's Judas Priest's Painkiller. Honestly i think the guitars and all SOOO bad ass, but the vocals i can't really stand.

That's just two songs from a list that can be pretty long lol.

216

Most Helpful Guy

• Rock and Roll doctor by Black Sabbath. They were on a down hill spiral when that was made. Never Say Die was their nail in the coffin. Literally, because after that Ozzy leaves. Arguably, Heaven and Hell was a good album, but is Black Sabbath without Ozzy even Sabbath? I don't know. Certain bands have people come and go and it's fine. But it has to be the right members. Brian Johnson was a great singer to take on the roll that once belonged to the late Bon Scott, and we still called them AC/DC. Brian Johnson and Malcolm Young go down, some would argue it's just a cover band with Angus now. I'm biased towards Ozzy, so I unfairly say Black Sabbath isn't Sabbath without him. At least I admit it.

• Honestly i think the same with both bands. Like with black Sabbath, it just didn't seem the same without Ozzy. I only like 3 songs from the Dio era of the band (Heaven and Hell, Mob Rules, Neon Knights) but still. And AC/DC, yeah i feel like its not supposed to be called that anymore. AXL/DC fits better unfortunately.

Most Helpful Girl

• Disturbed is my fave band, so the song that immediately comes to mind for me is Down With The Sickness.

I absolutely hate that track. As albums have gone by they've gotten progressively better each time. Less and less of the stupid noises and more interesting, more meaningful lyrics. Yet any time I mention Disturbed to someone they immediately reply 'Oh, I know them! Down with the sickness! Ooh, wah-ah-ah-ah!'.
    No, fuck off, they have way better tracks than that.