Rockers, metalheads, name a song (or songs) that you can't stand but are from a favorite band?

i'll name a few. From metallica (besides most songs from St. Anger) there's Escape. When I first bought the Ride The Lightning album i heard this song and at first it was cool but then for some reason became a turn off once it got to "Life's for my own, to live my own way" everything sounded weird to me. I've heard that even Cliff Burton himself didn't really like this one.

And there's Judas Priest's Painkiller. Honestly i think the guitars and all SOOO bad ass, but the vocals i can't really stand.

That's just two songs from a list that can be pretty long lol.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Rock and Roll doctor by Black Sabbath. They were on a down hill spiral when that was made. Never Say Die was their nail in the coffin. Literally, because after that Ozzy leaves. Arguably, Heaven and Hell was a good album, but is Black Sabbath without Ozzy even Sabbath? I don't know. Certain bands have people come and go and it's fine. But it has to be the right members. Brian Johnson was a great singer to take on the roll that once belonged to the late Bon Scott, and we still called them AC/DC. Brian Johnson and Malcolm Young go down, some would argue it's just a cover band with Angus now. I'm biased towards Ozzy, so I unfairly say Black Sabbath isn't Sabbath without him. At least I admit it.

1|0
    0|0
    • Honestly i think the same with both bands. Like with black Sabbath, it just didn't seem the same without Ozzy. I only like 3 songs from the Dio era of the band (Heaven and Hell, Mob Rules, Neon Knights) but still. And AC/DC, yeah i feel like its not supposed to be called that anymore. AXL/DC fits better unfortunately.

Most Helpful Girl

• Disturbed is my fave band, so the song that immediately comes to mind for me is Down With The Sickness.

I absolutely hate that track. As albums have gone by they've gotten progressively better each time. Less and less of the stupid noises and more interesting, more meaningful lyrics. Yet any time I mention Disturbed to someone they immediately reply 'Oh, I know them! Down with the sickness! Ooh, wah-ah-ah-ah!'.
    No, fuck off, they have way better tracks than that.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 15

• My main song that I absolutely hate in any form is "Seek and Destroy" from Metallica. like all songs at first it was a good song, great melody, great... well everything.

but after hearing it, playing it and seeing it. I just can not stand that song anymore. every nooby guitarist wants to play it, Metallica them selves play it for every occasion and the way the play it now it is so terrible I just can't stand listening to it in anyway.

1|0
    0|0
    • I've loved that song, however i overplayed the Kill em all album and that's one of the songs I'm sick of, along with Phantom Lord and Hit The Lights

• yes you're correct on those also, I can't help but skip those as well from being burnt out from hearing them.

• omg you foul vile imp demon!! how can you not like the vocal of painkiller? you bring shame to us metalheads!!! let me reeducate you then on one of the best metal songs in the world! This is a cover for Painkiller by Death and it is the best version of painkiller hopefully that will change your mind!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8By9DnqCHac

1|0
    0|0
  • Slayer, season of abyss https://youtu.be/DECp8LKurKs
    Sepultura, Dead Embryonic
    https://youtu.be/c7Z8Ww1EmMk

1|0
    0|0
  • I promise they're a rock band, but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EF_xdvn52As

1|0
    0|0
    • no worries I know they are XD I have a friend who loves Muse, including this song

• Show All
    • I just mill around with the checkmate atheists memes and that's all I'll ever really need

• I'd go with Good friends and a bottle of pills by Pantera, I find it really weird and kinda cringy. Of course this is without counting the "Glamtera" era.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nile is my favorite death metal band and one of my top 3 favorite bands of all time. All of their music is ancient Egypt themed.

One album is about modern day egypt and how there is a movement of Muslim extremists who want to destroy all of the physical history of Egypt such as the pyramids. So it’s pretty relevant to their theme.

But this song just lacks the badassery that I love about Nile. Something about it is off and I just don’t like this song. I mean I understand its importance and I care about preserving ancient Egypt as well. But the song is just kinda “meh”

https://youtu.be/jSVqclCr4fI

1|0
    0|0
  • My favorite band is QUEEN. I can't stand a few songs from album-Hot Space. But Under Pressure, Life is Real, Put out the fire. Great songs.

1|0
    0|0
  • Escape was specifically written to be a radio single, at the request of the label. The verses are pretty heavy, but the chorus is blatantly obvious.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nin not exactly heavy metal but I'd say close enough. Anything of that ghost album shit they did

1|0
    0|0
    • yeah nin is industrial metal. I'm sick of anything from their album The Downward Spiral lol

• It was a good album but was overplayed

I never mind the newer Metallica stuff, desire being a fan from the start.

Anthrax was a great band. But go get me a cup of coffee was a shit track

• I'm the same with metallica. only albums I'm picky with is St. Anger and Death Magnetic. a year ago I saw Anthrax in concert, front row.

• Pretty much most Metallica after Cliff died.

1|0
    0|0
    • that's usually the answer among many metallica fans. even if i listen to stuff from after him i can still say that Cliff was a god lol

• All one needs to understand is Cliff = Creeping Death and then realize, after Cliff died, no Metallica song was ever again as good as Creeping Death.

https://youtu.be/lXWq3f01e2U

• oh creeping death is fuckin killer. I also loved Cliff's bass work on other songs like Orion and The Thing That Should Not Be, For Whom The Bell Tolls too. of course the instrumentals on the first 3 albums as well lol

• So far, none.

1|0
    0|0
  • Adidas by korn

1|0
    0|0
  • Danzig I’m the wolf, Black Sabbath Planet Caravan.

1|0
    0|0
    • ever heard Pantera's version of Planet Caravan? its weird

• Planet Caravan was a real left turn. Ozzy wanted to try whatever technology that was at the time, Bill Ward wrote it and I guess everyone was on acid..

• Yeah it is weird. I don’t like their version either.

• the one English version from road to resistance

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• I can't think of anything but I agree with you on the song "Painkiller" it sucks

1|0
    0|0
    • lol when I first heard it I was like "hell yea!!" but then vocals come in and I'm like "wtf is this.."

• Show All
    • Yea I listen to Sirius xm radio and listen to channel 40- liquid metal. They've (Jose) been playing it till I wanna go to New York city and tell him to knock it off!

• lol oh man I listen to that station a lot. along with Ozzy's Boneyard, they play a lot of classic rock and classic metal stuff.

and that GnR song I hate too lol I used to love it as a kid

Recommended myTakes