Are superhero movies dying? What do you think?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Superhero movies/shows have been going for decades and Action Comics just released their 1000th issue of Superman. I doubt they’re going to back down anytime soon. They won’t stop until they’re sure their audience has withered away and not just because people who don’t like superheroes bash them

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• Simple formula, low risk high profit products from companies like Marvel aren't gonna die and the audience's standard is lower with the new generation. When my friends or girlfriend asked me to go to the theatre we typically pick a Marvel movie so we could turn our brain off, watch it, laugh at it and forget about it. They could have like Avenger part 10 or Civil War part 11 or something doesn't really matter, none of us really cared about which character is which or the lore and references because they are mostly jokes. I would be excited for a cross over between One Punch Man and The Boys from Garth Ennis though

0|2
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

• I don't think I've ever watched a superhero movie, but didn't they make bunch of them just the last few years?

0|1
    0|0
  • Heck no

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 9

• Feels kinda sad, doesn't it? The Marvel Cinematic Universe is almost at the point where all the original actors will leave their roles. Chris Evans won't be Captain America anymore after Avengers 4, Robert Downy Jr. won't be Iron Man, doesn't look like any Thor movie will be made... I hope Superhero movies don't die out, but I don't know if I will be interested anymore after these actors leave their roles.

0|0
    0|0
  • The quality is but the production of them is not. I'm a big superhero fan, so keep the movies coming. But please, for the love of the Eternals, stop making shitty movies and shows we didn't ask for.

0|1
    0|0
  • They’re getting much worse because women are crying about equality so now movie makers are being forced by this liberal world to make the superhero a woman. That just doesn’t work as well

0|1
    0|0
  • ... Infinity War comes out this week.
    We just had a Black Panther movie

0|1
    0|0
  • I dont know where you live but for example marvel movies are bigger than ever before and they got more fans than ever before... I think we have a different definition of "dying"

0|0
    0|0
  • I think once the 4th Avengers movie is over with, superhero movies will certainly be done with

0|1
    0|0
  • Sort of. There has been a disturbing growing trend over the last several years in the movies that has really bothered me. If you look at Transformers, The Dark Night, Man Of Steel, Batman VS Superman, Avengers for example, these are all good guys who were always heroes and loved by everyone in earlier publications from years ago such as cartoons and comics! But movies lately have them all hated by the public, hated by the government and no one wants them around. Look at both Transformers and Superman, they keep referring to them as "alien" all the time and with negativity and cold shoulders in those movies. Really hard to enjoy movies in the last 10 or so years when your beloved heroes from your childhood are hated on all the time and not wanted on earth anymore and seen as villains too.

0|0
    0|0
  • I hope so.

0|1
    0|0
  • Dying? No. Stale? Yes.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes