Why do people enjoy trolling others both on the internet and in video games?

The way I see it it's just another form of bullying. Got invited to this game by people pretending to be friendly. The premis of the game is 1 players a killer and he has to hunt down 4 survivors before they escape. Well for some reason the killer came straight for me every match. Eventually I caught on that the other survivors were leading him straight to me. The killer wouldn't hurt them only me and when I was caught the survivors would crouch and stand up quickly next to the killer repeatedly. At one point I was running from the killer and they body blocked me allowing the killer to catch me. And when I hit the floor they teabagged me. I left the game and unfriended all of them. Being treated like that was very mentally taxing. I ended up with a stress headache because of it and had to take a break from playing that particular game for a few days.

13

Most Helpful Girl

• They are sick, pray for them.

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like you couldn't take the joke or catch on to it quickly in that story, Trolling in games is normal its fun to do + the ones that are trolled are usually the ones that take the game way too seriously and forget that it is just a game. The internet trolls are just people who wasted their lives on something useless and have nothing else better to waste it on.