Do people consider a career in the arts to be a waste of time and money?

I'm just curious how people view others who are pursuing a career in the arts. Do you consider it to be a waste of time and do you value certain forms of the arts more highly than others?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Unless you can make good money, it is a complete waste of time. You have to be good. You have to excel above the rest. Why? Because these are limited positions. Not everyone can be an artist and get paid significant money. Just because you dream it and want it doesn't mean you can have it.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• It's difficult to make a liveable income off being a career artist. Does that make them any less important? No, but it's something to consider when college is as expensive as it is now. I'm a musician and that's my passion, but I went to school for computer science and work in that field. Music is my main hobby outside of work.

0|0
    0|0
  • I did when I was younger but now I'm finding out it doesn't matter what you do. If your lucky to find something you enjoy and are passionate about, do it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not necessarily but you gave to be really passionate and good to make money at it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not at all. Just accept that you may struggle financially for a long time.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes