Why does Fortnite was so booming?

Nearly all of my friends were playing Fortnite, on console, PC, and some of them on mobile. Why is this game suddenly became this famous?

05

Most Helpful Guy

• According to Twitch, before Fortnight, League of Legend was the biggest online game, 200,000 audiences on twitch platform 24/7 (not considered Asian Countries, much more population, because they have a different platform), later Overwatch shares the same throne. Why Fortnight blooms so much.

1. League is a strategy game. It requires excellent teamwork and knowledge on different characters. Like chess.
    2. Overwatch gives players more freedom, but still requires teamwork.
    3. The majority of the players dont care about other players.

The throne belongs to League for over bloody FIVE years. And it requires so much energy and knowledge to master it, even if you are a master, you can't go to the top, but that's a different matter.

Than PURG (battlefrontplayground) comes. Like the Hunger Games. Individual skills are everything. The winner can only be one, BUT costs 60 USD and graphics are not friendly to everyone.

=> Fortnight shows up. Very choice of fashion. FREE. Architect building freely (the other does not have). Funny physics. And, most of all, friendly to EVERYONE. All these built factors creates Fortnight trend nowaday.

On Twitch, it has ~230,000 audience 24/7 now while League only has ~70,000