What musical genre do you like better? Why?

0|2

Most Helpful Guy

• I have different genres for different purposes. Rock and some 80s pop when I want to listen to 'good' music.
    90s and early 00's alternate rock for when I want to indulge in nostalgia.
    Metal when I want to get pumped.
    Epic music roe game I want to ge5 even more pumped.
    And some modern electric songs for when I go jogging or walking.

1|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 18

• Acoustic folk and indie.

1|1
    0|0
  • Classical, especially music from the renaissance and Italian opera. I know, it’s weird, I just find it has so much depth and emotion and it’s really beautiful. There’s classical music to suit every kind of mood; angry, relaxed, miserable, happy.

0|1
    0|0
  • gotta be metal and rock n roll (metal is the most favorite). cause I grew up on that stuff XD

0|2
    0|0
  • I like anything that has a great beat.

Other than hip hop of course

0|1
    0|0
  • Mostly indie/alternative, 80's-present. I love songs with great beats but also appreciate ones with meaningful lyrics. In my spare time I listen to softer indie (Death Cab for Cutie, the Smiths, etc.) and some 90's and modern alternative. Sometimes when I feel nostalgic I'll listen to early 2000's pop, and generally any upbeat song when I'm running.

0|1
    0|0
  • I like most things. Especially fond of alternative music and musicals (Hamilton, 21 Chump Street, Be More Chill, Dear Evan Hansen, etc...) I know every word to all of them. I’ve got ASD do musicals are my ‘special interest’ (particularly Hamilton)

0|1
    0|0
  • Electronic, because it sounds peaceful at times and exciting while looking and visiting different places and nature.
    But i also love pop and J-pop

0|1
    0|0
  • Cumbia, Merengue, Bachata because they are good for dancing

0|1
    0|0
  • Hip-hop ofc

0|1
    0|0
  • The 70s-90s rock and roll, r&b, soul, pop

0|1
    0|0
  • Metal

1|2
    0|0
  • Soul, pop and hip hop.

0|1
    0|0
  • kpop

0|1
    0|0
  • Rock and metal

1|1
    0|0
  • Hip Hop, celtic and gothic:)

0|1
    0|0
  • Acoustic

0|1
    0|0
  • Reggae

0|1
    0|0
  • .. acoustic..

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 22

• I like all music. I can't choose a favorite.

0|1
    0|0
  • Metal. Power metal. Post hardcore. These genres just click with me, back when i didn't know what i liked i listened to what my family liked which was EDM safe to say i never really liked it and love metal because people think its all sex screaming and drugs when really there is so much skill and emotion put into it.

0|1
    0|0
    • No it's not drugs and screaming... It is total emotion. I agree with that

• Yeah, people have this notion that because maybe the 1st few rock or metal bands that came out dealt with bad things that all of them do it. My mom grilled me on it saying that, but metal bands aren't the only ones that deal with those type of things. If you dig deep enough you can find some really sweet bands whose lyrics reflect how they live.

• Most musicians (whatever genre related) are drug addicts. It's the Industry.

• Metal!!! Best genre in my opinion! It kicks so much ass! Love stuff like thrash, death metal, melodic death metal, folk metal, progressive, djent, select few metalcore (like Architects). All the killer riffs, double drums, beat blasts, growls, it's all majestic

1|2
    0|0
  • Metal. It is just so badass. Haha but there are a lot of other things that are awesome about it. It is really raw and direct. A lot of the time the music and lyrics are based on feelings and thoughts coming directly from the band, rather than them just conforming to what is popular. Also, it's one of the only genres that can fuse with other genres and still sound good.

1|1
    0|0
  • Metal, it's the most typically complex genre of music produced today and I enjoy trying to listen to the individual parts as the form a larger musical score. Unlike most others where the lyrics are the most important metal forms a larger sound from the harmony of every part

1|2
    0|0
  • Classical. I think it's relaxing and stimulating, and it helps me think and unwind.

0|1
    0|0
  • Cats: The Musical.

Nah, fucking with you. Metal that has meaning. Lyrically, you can understand and relate. It makes you feel things, from the anger of OM&M, to the melancholy bitterness of Thrice and Slipknot, to the otherworldly experience that is Tool. Tool takes you everywhere you want to go, and then some. Granted, Tool falls into Alt/Experimental Metal, but it's metal

0|2
    0|0
  • Metal, dude. There's so many subgenres it can match your feelings wether it's hope, hate or depression.

0|1
    0|0
  • Rock (breaking Benjamin) bc I grew up with it... and I'm sorta emo and clinically depressed so rock helps block out the bad vibes for 3-5 minuets

0|1
    0|0
  • Instrumental metal. I like the raw energy it projects.

1|2
    0|0
  • I like music in the 50's , 60's , 70's , 80's
    I like music by the Temptations, Marvin Gaye,
    Carpenters, Shaggy, Akon, 50 cent, Little Anthony
    And the Miracles etc.

0|1
    0|0
  • Metal. Because it's the only thing loud enough to suppress the voices in my head.

2|1
    0|0
  • Death Metal. It just resonates within my Finnish soul, I guess.
    I don't get that same feeling from EDM, Hip-Hop, etc.

1|1
    0|0
  • Metal, hard rock. Sometimes I feel that I can vent pent up aggression through it without exerting myself.

0|1
    0|0
  • Hip Hop/ Rap and thrash metal. Oh and punk rock too love green day and mcr.

1|1
    0|0
  • Trance... Because it's the best. Since 1989 till now and forever...

0|1
    0|0
  • Progressive Metal. Because it's not too hard and it is progressive

1|0
    0|0
  • Frank Sinatra

0|1
    0|0
  • Acoutic folk. Indie.

0|1
    0|0
  • Too many to say