What language is "impressive" to know?

Some language are more impressive than others in my opinion! This is obviously very subjective but to me, knowing English and French isn't really impressive. I'm gonna list a few! Pick your favorite and perhaps tell me why? What language is
  • English
    Vote A
  • French
    Vote B
  • Spanish
    Vote C
  • German
    Vote D
  • Japanese
    Vote E
  • Arabic (and variations)
    Vote F
  • Other
    Vote G
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Hello dear,
    Impressive to know would be one of the hardest languages such as Russian, Japanese, Chinese, etc...
    But for a useful language, I would suggest you go for Spanish, as for it is as popular and useful as English and French ;-)
    I speak English, French and Lebanese Arabic.
    I have also learned a bit of Spanish when I was still a teenager, at school and it is beautiful.
    Nowadays, I am using an application to learn Russian which is "Duo Lingo"

My own personal advice, don't waste your time on Arabic as for it is useless. Even Arabic countries are using English and French.

Frankly, choose something useful and impressive at the same time ;-)

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't really know what an "impressive" language is by your definition or standards but try learning Tagalog (Filipino). Unlike many other languages, Tagalog doesn't sound monotonous and is quite easy to learn & understand.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 25

• English is one of the hardest languages to learn because it has a lot of irony and it breaks it's own rules often. I think the most impressive language to speak as a second language is gaelic because it's relatively unpopular and sounds very cool and I'm Irish so

1|0
    2|0
  • Icelandic or Russian, those friggin tongue twister man, they are so difficult to word XD

I'm English so I wouldn't consider the English language difficult or impressive. :/

0|0
    0|0
  • I would say 'other'. I know Dutch, English, French, German and I can hold conversations in Japanese, but it really doesn't matter what language you know. I think it's about variation. Knowing English, Spanish and simplified Chinese will get you very far.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you can read Chinese, that's amazing to me. Every word has its own symbol and you just have to memorize them all. It's like having a 10,000 letter alphabet

0|0
    0|0
  • for us westerners, any language that isn't western. arabic and japanese are quite different so they're rather hard to learn.

irish is pretty awesome too!

1|0
    0|0
  • I suggest Bulgarian, that way people would get confused when translating it because they think it's russian.

0|0
    0|0
  • Any other language that you don't know. A second language, don't matter. But try not to pick English.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wanna be a linguist and learn as much languages that I can use. But I personally love the idea of esperanto

1|0
    0|0
    • *as many languages

• Thanks for the correction! Sometimes I make mistakes, but in part of learning languages I need to master my own. So by you correcting me you help me in my pursuit of my career.

• Arabic, japanese, chinese (mandarin) becasue all of them are very hard to learn.

0|0
    0|0
  • All languages not based the latin alphabet sound impressive. Japanese, Russian etc...

0|0
    0|0
  • well, I talk Norwegian, some Danish (very poorly), some german (rather poorly) and English... lemme know whoever thinks any of those are cool

0|0
    0|0
  • All of the above and also some programing language maybe

0|0
    0|0
  • machine language!

0|2
    0|0
  • Dothraki

0|1
    0|0
  • Elvish. Or as the Brits might say "Elfish."

0|0
    0|0
  • Something rare. Swahili maybe?

0|0
    0|0
    • Tf 😂😂😂

• Well Swahili is one of the hardest language to learn as a new speaker, it also consists of some Arabic words ( and I may assume you already know how hard Arabic language is).

• Also being an Arab myself, speaking it yet, I was getting a C in Arabic class as well as in Swahili class

• Try some Arabic !!
    And Japanese !!

1|0
    1|0
  • Klingon

0|0
    0|0
  • Welsh

0|0
    0|0
  • Klingon.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 14

• I'm honestly impressed if a foreigner can master Finnish. The language is a pain in the ass to learn, even for Finns.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd say a complicated language, like maybe Mandarin

0|0
    0|0
  • easily Japanese and Khoisan languages.
    Unless you grew up speaking and writing it, Japanese to me is one of those languages you can never get quite perfectly.
    Khoisan languages just fascinate me bc i could never manage to change my click pitches.

0|0
    0|0
  • French was the hardest for me, I actually gave up. I was born and raised in Japan so Japanese is easiest for me, English second, Korean third and French fourth (even though I can barely speak French...)

0|0
    0|0
  • I think learning foreign languages in general is impressive. Knowing a language because it's your mother tongue isn't exactly impressive.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think Arabic or Latin would be cause they're always in movies and stuff, it would be cool to know them, plus I dont think theyre very common so it would be surprising for people if you knew them

0|0
    0|0
  • French because its a super hard language and if the person know how you to pronounce it correctly and have good grammar that's really impressive.

0|0
    0|0
  • I speak Arabic and I think it is a really beautiful language

0|0
    0|0
  • The language of computers ;)

0|0
    0|0
  • Chinese

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe Russian🤔 especially here in United States.

0|0
    0|0
  • Chinese or Japanese

0|0
    0|0
  • ! Xóõ is both impressive and extremely complex, not to mention probably impossible for non-natives to master.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIPrQYtUNaI

0|0
    0|0
  • Not on this list

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes