What's your weird hobby?

I started collecting postcards a few years back and a few months ago I got my first antique ones. I'm now descending into a rabbit hole and slowly becoming the weird postcard lady but I won't stop myself because dang it those things are hella cool.

What's your quirky hobby that makes people look at you in a weird way but you won't stop because it's just so much fun?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I collect my random thoughts about math and fantasy into a text file where I'm not sure where math ends and where fantasy begins.
    I try to add a narrative to every single math book I've read, I especially like taking note of the sequence of ideas being introduced.
    Every concept that appears in a math book and the order in which they appear are important to me. They are like characters in a story, they interact with each other, who are the protagonists, who are the antagonists, whose story is being told, are all the choices made by the authors.
    So you see, if you want to write about compactness in metric space, if you use open sets as the protagonist, you have the typical Analysis book, if you use sequences of real numbers, you have a different book (about the same thing, but different story, of different characters). Most math books I've read so far aren't about fighting baddies to save the world, but more like Whale hunting in a vast ocean of infinite depth.

1|1
    0|0
    • Holy shit, that's amazing!

• Is it? you might be the first person who think that, I told my professor and a friend (who is much more talented than I) and they looked at me and asked whether I still do drugs lol

• No totally. I tried the same thing in school but didn't have a good enough grasp on mathematics (or honestly I just didn't care enough to even try to understand it) for it to work.

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 10

• One a hobby I like a to do is to collect the pubies. Normal thing to do with a them is to put into the small a bags and use to buy the things at town markets. When in process of bagging a these pubies, is always a some smaller ones that not a suitable for use. With a those, I use a thems for make the hairpieces for the balding mans in my a town. Great success and a everbody a happy!

0|0
    0|0
  • My hair, I have long hair and I like it, although everyone else seems to hate it and thinks I'd look better with short hair 😂

1|0
    0|0
  • Currency. Notes of all denominations of 72 countries. And counting

1|0
    0|0
  • going on gag sometimes and releasing my inner weirdness <3

0|0
    0|0
  • collect outdated electonics. palm pilots, nokia phones

0|0
    0|0
  • Collecting anime tiddy memes.