I hate improv how can I improve it?

Sorry, but i love acting and singing (despite my social anxiety) its fun to me, and im in a few acting classes but they always play improv games and i try to avoid them as much as possible

reasons?

when ever i improv i feel like im just to different and no one will get my jokes because well im tomboyish and im more of someone that isn't into trends

second - i get to angry.. in improv, like people will be like "Your acting wrong your to intense"and il be like "well in that situation that is how i would normally act" so what i do normal is weird to others

thirdly - i can't be myself basically combined first two reasons i just can't , i don't know how to be myself or who i even am anymore, when i act i get scared that people will genuinely think i think what i act and i get anxious so im scared at yelling at people in improv or saying i hate them

and finnaly
Logic and humour
With my friends, i guess i can be funny but it depends because i need to focus on what they find funny like memes, zooming up on friends faces, musicals all that crap in improv i have to impress a whole audience, or be some character, how do i be a different character if i don't even know my own personality, and i can't come up with a good problem or plot for shit because when i have problems in real life i don't rant to people about it like your supposed to do in improv and when im explaining a story to my real life friends outside of improv i literally yell it out and get into all this beef, but im super shy in public and if i did that during acting then wtf, Im also super confused with how i would end a improv scene as i don't have the best social skills in real life conversations so i can't start one in a improv scene lmao

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• It's fine. Improv needs a supervisor, someone who is extremely experience and not selfish enough to destroy students. The supervisor and only the supervisor can tell you how to improve and improvise your skills. From what I'm seeing here, you are justified by your peers who have more or less skills that you have by a little bit.

Of course, you would get angry from their opinions. I would too. I didn't ask for them. Only accomplishments define your boundaries of level. Else, no need to pay a mind about them.

It's acting and loving. There is a lot of plays to learn. Try La La Land, one of the irreplacable best plays.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes