Would you go see a movie by yourself?

Would you ever go to see a movie at a movie theater by yourself? I've done it several times before and I have to say, I almost like it better than going with someone else. I like being able to arrive as early or late as I want, sit wherever I want, and just enjoy the movie with my snacks. lol

I've heard other people say they would never do this so I'm just curious what you think. Would you go see a movie at a theater by yourself? Why or why not?
Would you go see a movie by yourself?
  • Yes, I would go see a movie by myself. It wouldn't bother me.
    Vote A
  • No way! I would feel too embarrassed or awkward.
    Vote B
  • Other/See Results
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Frankly I do mostly all of the time, for the simple fact that my friends don't feel like watching that particular movie or they are too tired after work to watch it.
    So when am done from work, I just drive to the movie theater by myself, grab a ticket, a bottle of water, and just go enjoy that movie :-D

Otherwise, the voice inside my head would be shouting out loud:
    "what are you waiting for? Christmas?"

Cheers!!!

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I've never gone to a movie by myself, but I've thought about it. I can never seem to find anyone who wants to go see the movies I want to go see. I can go see what I wanna see, I don't have to share my snacks, I don't have to worry about someone talking, and if it's an emotional movie, I don't have to worry about being judged if I cry. 😂

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 42

• After I saw Thor Ragnarok with my friends I wanted to see it once again but none of my friends would come so I went with my mum. I still didn't get enough of it and wanted to see it once again. My mum called me crazy so I decided I'd go see it by myself. I do not find it odd and am comfortable to do it but only if nobody wants to come along and I really have a craving for it. I wouldn't just watch any movie by myself.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not awkward or embarrassing but the time from home to the theatre and then the interval and then again from theatre becomes very boring. Moreover being with friends you just don't watch movie after movie you can hangout somewhere... So a simple movie becomes a group hangout...

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the movie. If it is something that I've been REALLY looking forward to then, yes, I would go alone if nobody wanted to come. Usually, though, I prefer someone coming with me and sharing popcorn.

0|0
    0|0
  • Seeing a movie by yourself allows you to get more immersed in the movie, so that is something to consider. I saw Mad Max alone, and I was HYPNOTIZED. Having people with me, I don't think the effect would be the same.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes many times usually when it’s a movie I either can’t wait to watch like the last Jedi or because no one enjoys it so I go to watch myself. I also go alone when I don’t want to be distracted.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I do most of the time. At first it gives me strange feeling like i am an alien in the movie hall. But it give awesome experience like i can go for any film which I like and for anytime don't depend on anyone. lastly it gives me encouragement that i can live strangers world.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like watching a movie alone more than with other people, but i usually watch it with other people. There was this one time where no one wanted to see tomb raider with me so i watch it alone, and do you know what was the best part? My entire row was empty so i was basically sitting where ever i wanted

0|0
    0|0
  • I do it all the time. My friends are more spread out nowadays and I don't trust people that easily to find new friends. The friends that I made beforehand that live nearby happen to have different schedules than I do.

0|0
    0|0
  • I use to do it often when I was younger. There was a movie theater not too far from where I lived, that had early shows, but it was usually empty. So most times it was me and 8 other people. I so enjoyed that. 😊

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes and I have done. I don't get what the big deal is. I go to the cinema to watch a film, it's not like it's a social experience. Not in itself anyway.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I do that every once in a while if there's a movie I really wanna see but there's no one else who wants to see it

1|0
    0|0
  • Hell yeah fuck people I can live without their fake asses all day long and everyday by myself except if it's my girlfriend RHAT I LOVE SO MUCH

0|0
    0|0
  • There's nothing wrong in going movie alone. I do it when I'm bored. I'm usually focused on movie when I'm at movie so doesn't matter if I'm with anyone or alone.

0|0
    0|0
  • Have done that a lot but not if u have a gf/bf it will be wonderful spending time together and share the moment

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't see the problem here, it's an entertainment venue, not a dating establishment.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, I have done that before, several times. It was nice, but it would have been nicer to have someone to talk about the movie with.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yea, I have before and might go see the new avengers tonight by myself.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, actually I saw Ready Player One on opening night and I was the only person in the theater.

1|0
    0|0
    • That's awesome! Having the entire theater for myself? what a dream xD

• Show All
    • I have never been that lucky lol. But I wonder if i be worried about my choice of movie if no one wanted to watch it...

• @TheNoOne It was a cool movie so it’s not because it sucks. I actually saw it later by my self a week later and there were a few other people then.

• I've done it plenty of times. If I want to see a movie, and no one wants to, I'm still going.

0|0
    0|0
  • I tend to prefer watching movies by myself... home or in theaters.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 32

• did it before. one of the best decisions in my LIFE because I'm that type of person that controls my emotions in front of people.

backstory i watched train to busan with my family for the first time and i had a VERY strong urge to cry then because it was so sad and i felt a huge lump in my throat but i managed to keep my composure

i rematched it the second time alone, initially wanting to watch with my friends but shit happened and we had to be separated. i was a little sad but mostly meh because i was gonna watch the best shit ever again

and ok like the last 1/5 of the movie is so heartbreaking, and y'all can guess which girl SOBBED her eyes out for the entire period. i couldn't help it i was sniffing and shit also the theatre was pretty empty then strangely and everyone was all snuggled at the back of the cinema and all eyes were on me lmfao... like yea people be sniffing and tearing but i was full on crying my ass out because i was alone

10/10 would watch movies by myself again it was wonderful

0|0
    0|0
  • Well I mean, I like going to the movies with at least one other person, because I usually share looks or jokes with them if something funny/cliche/Fangirly happens. It feels good to know that I'm not the only person laughing at something exceedingly stupid.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would absolutely do it. I like having company but I wouldn't mind going alone. If I enjoy watching movies alone at home wouldn't be different in a theater.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've never done it. And I dont want to do it either. Im just used to it being a group or couple activity that I can't really feel comfortable going alone

0|0
    0|0
  • I wanted living Vincent by myself and cried a bit too. It was great and I’d recommend people to go to the movies by themselves at times.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would go alone and I have went alone, but I do feel a bit more self conscious cause I feel its not as socially acceptable

0|0
    0|0
  • I've seen multiple movies on my own, it's not a big deal. Y'all needa learn to like to do shit on your own. I go to restaurants on my own too.

0|0
    0|0
  • I do it all the time although I sometimes get embarassed when someone I know recognizes me and ask who I came with.

0|0
    0|0
  • 100% and have done, i don't see the deal? i mean i'm going to watch the movie not had a chat.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I would and also did haha My last movie was Jurassic Park with Chris however

0|0
    0|0
  • I kind of prefer it. For the same reasons as you do. Some people find it weird though and I kind of feel weird then too.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I went to see a movie by myself multiple times, it's fun.
    Like taking myself on a date.

0|0
    0|0
  • I did it many times. In starting you feel awkward but after two times you feel amazing about it. Just do it. You will feel fun 😂

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't, it feel lonely and i wouldn't have anyone to talk to during the movie.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've done it before. I prefer it, because it lets me actually concentrate on the movie.

0|0
    0|0
  • No It will feel weird and lonely... but I would love to see something with my boyfriend

0|0
    0|0
  • No because I don’t really like going to the movies but I’ll go if my boyfriend wants to see one

0|0
    0|0
  • i go almost everywhere on my own because i have no friends and it’s usually fine for me

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't see anything wrong with going by yourself. sounds chill.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the movie that I will watch 😂

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes