Can a relationship work when the two of you have completely different tastes in music?

Let's say the guy likes hip-hop/rap (mainly Tech N9ne and Eminem) and the girl likes pop (mainly Taylor Swift and Britney Spears). Can it work out? I'm just curious.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes that’s possible

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Absolutely. That would be like me expecting things not to work out with someone because they enjoy seafood, while I detest it. I listen to Scandinavian folk, Irish folk, Japanese metal, Western alternative, and 90's-2000's hard rock. I'd be hard pressed to find a girl with similar taste.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Guys Said 10

• yes, quite well. though this isn't from experience, this is from me seeing my best friends current relationship

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course. There are a lot of very successful relationships that have differing tastes in music, movies, etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, listen to music on your phone. Then just watch movies together and have sex to those. It's not her fault she has terrible taste in music. It will change, so will your's.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah like what music Is 2% of a day if that. A few mins in the car In a drive somewhere nothing more. Who cares really.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ya it can work. Pop and hip hop kinda go together anyways.. that’s like the standard boy/girl music taste

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not about the tastes in music, but how you good you find each other's company, as well as attraction and other interests.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, that's not a problem for me

0|0
    0|0
  • I can't say no

0|0
    0|0
  • Definitely

0|0
    0|0
  • nah it doesn't