Do you prefer books with or without pictures?

• Prefer with pictures (WHY)
  • Prefer them without (WHY)
  • Depends the genre (WHY)
    Vote C
Which genre and category do you prefer with/without pictures? Want to hear your opinion on novels and short stories. Fantasy? Crime? Holy books (bible/Qur'an)? Fact books? Sci-fiction? Ya know?

2631

Most Helpful Girl

• Well at first I was proper afraid about reading a picture book but then I had this horse/unicorn book and about 8 months later I finally had the courage to read it and I loved it, each and every book after was so much more detailed and vivd than films, I wish I read the classics before watching the films (that's my default that as tried as I must I just know if left longer than one or two months it'll still be there later lol πŸ˜…) it gives me such relief since I imagined things a lot differently and so much more ie: Hobbit it made it a lot more magical to me in the end 😘

Most Helpful Guy

• Frankly it depends on the genre, like for instant comic strips without pictures are meaningless, so am just going to give my own opinion based on the genre and category from your update.

-Holy Books: without pictures as for no one is still alive to draw what really happened and it would be shame having a person drawing the wrong picture.

-Fact Books, Sci-Fi, Crime, Fantasy: those would be better with few pictures, as for "evidence" of a crime scene, the crime scene itself, the drawing of a UFO, etc... it would spice up the book a bit

-Short Stories: if they are destined to all ages, specially children, it is good to have pictures everywhere to attract them reading the book.

-Novels: I guess they are better without pictures as for they work our imagination.

As matter of fact I am writing a short story destined to mostly all ages. I will have to slide between chapters few pictures/drawing just to give children an idea of the scenes and objects like from our 80s and 90s generations (tapes, Walkman, old voice recording machines, beeper, etc...)