Why is there a stigma on anime (fandom)?

imma be real, all fandoms are crazy and messed up asf. i know anime has that kind of reputation because of the odd over sexualising girls and overpowering men (it's annoying tbvh) and like people buy pillows of characters and hug them to sleep.

BUT

there are other fandoms too similar to that but they don't get judged or criticised? like for kwave i think their merch is p similar, badges, posters and they sell pillows too. and people in there get into huge verbal arguments over who gets what boy (and the dude doesn't and probably will never know of their existent - js like anime characters?)

AND

I don't know if y'all remember but years ago people cut themselves up for justin bieber (i think it's him) some white girl literally carved out words for him on her arm, with a knife.

so yeah, point stated all fandoms are filled with crazy people but they all seem to be accepted except for anime fans 🤔

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Because the society doesn't accept anime as something of existence. They think it's 2D. And it's not okay to crush on 2D material. Which I think is complete bullshit. They can crush on whoever the fuck they wanna crush.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly, I think it is becaude anime is something that isn't really American culture, so when people watch it, they're considered weebs. Some people do go over board, and those are the ones that represent everybody who watches anime.

This example is more extreme, but it's like with muslims. They're good people, but some of them go to the extreme and have killed people (just like any other race lmao). Therefore, people just assume that all muslims are bad.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• Shame there are some objectively good shows in anime

0|0
    0|0
  • Weaboos.

0|0
    0|0
  • Blame feminism

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes