Why do Americans watch so much T. V?

Seriously, I live half the globe away from America and whenever I watch a movie or a sitcom, there's some refference to a celebrity, a song, a movie or something else that in its turn, CAME FROM TV and I never get it and I feel like an uncultured swine. And on youtube, if I search for my favorite show's theme song, in the comments, there's people talking about 3 different shows. There's about 15 different shows centered on the same idea everywhere, I have no idea where to start, you have cop shows (CSI, Hawaii 5.0, 24, The Mentalist, Criminal Minds, Lie To Me) doctor dramas (The E. R., Nurse Jackie, Gray's Anatomy), sitcoms (the middle, Everybody Hates Chris, The Big Bang Theory, Two and a Half Men, Arrested Development, Friends) animated sitcoms (South Park, Futurama, Family Guy, American Dad, The Simpsons) and so so so so so SOOOOO much more. So again, my question is...

Why? O. O

14

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Because we've conquered the world, there's nothing else to do.